RFC Integration & Implementation Multi-Disciplined Engineer - ContractApply Requisition ID 159130BR Date updated 03/25/2020
Project Name: EIMW Phases 1 – 4
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Summary of Role
- Raytheon UK is seeking a Hardware and Systems Integration and Implementation Engineer as part of a programme engineering team to integrate and implement newly designed systems within the Defence Intelligence domain.
- We are seeking a Multi-Disciplined Engineer to integrate and implement a leading edge system. The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and into Live Operations. The role will include validating and verifying design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors and the integration and testing of those designs into fully functional and operational services. There is also system transition and data migration tasks to be supported.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Interact with Service Design Team for the assignment on integration and implementation tasks.
- Assist in the investigation, resolution and closure of Tier 1, 2 and 3 technical hardware and software issues pertaining to newly implemented and integrated systems.
- Identify situations requiring urgent attention and escalate via appropriate channels.
- Providing implementation and integration for the:
- Infrastructure components, i.e. the servers (both physical and virtual), workstations (both physical and virtual), storage and networks (both physical and virtual).
- Integration of the COTS software applications.
- Management of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, security software and writing System Operating Instructions.
- Implement the physical detailed design by building Servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications.
- Maintaining Systems Lock downs of the system using GAP and SCM generated Active Directory GPOs.
- Preparing and executing test scripts for the physical and virtual hardware.
- Analyse and resolve system hardware defects.
- Solid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
- A knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- Proven track record in the implementation and maintenance of complex IT systems.
- Recent practical experience of successfully integrating complex COTS products.
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment.
- Experience of the installation and configuration of Windows server software and Windows workstations.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements. e.g. Sophos, LogRhythmn, Lumension Device Control, What’s Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
- Strong Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 7, 10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Horizon 7 with VDI experience
- VMware virtualisation experience
- Strong scripting capabilities using Powershell and/or VB
- Experience of integrating engineering components from a subcontractor.
- Experienced implementing hardware integration projects.
- Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
- Current DV clearacne or eligible for DV renewal
- Microsoft certification.
- Experience of Ansible
- Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.
- CISCO Certification.
- VMware Certification.
- VMware NSX-T experience.
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
- Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 and GAP.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, designing and implementing system transition to include writing scripts and instructions, sequencing tasks, rehearsing and validating plans.
- Data Migration experience
- A team player, co-operative and positive.
- Methodical, with attention to detail.
- A Finisher – who delivers what he commits to do, resilient in the face of difficulty.
- Energy and Drive.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Staying Power. maintains personal motivation over the long haul.
DV - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Wyton
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
WIT Virtual Co-Op + Career Fair Spring 2020
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Wentworth Institute of Technology 115 Ward Street Tansey Gym Boston , Massachusetts 02120 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon Systems Engineering Virtual Event
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
MIT Virtual Career Fair Spring 2020
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: MIT Fall Career Fair 2019 350 Brookline St Building WW15 Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 Type: Campus Career Fair
SWE Virtual Fair
Time: 1:00 pm ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Fort Gordon Annual Veterans Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Fort Gordon Chamberlain Ave & 9th Street Augusta, Georgia Type: Professional Career Fair
Cleared Careers Hiring Event - Aurora, CO
Time: 3:00 pm MT - 6:00 pm MT Address: Radisson 3155 S Vaughn Way Aurora, Colorado 80014 Type: Professional Career Fair