Knowledge ManagerApply Requisition ID 159208BR Date updated 03/24/2020
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Summary of Role
- Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic, experienced and versatile individual who can become the Knowledge Manager within Service Transition. Raytheon along with other similar successful high performing organisations is executing highly collaborative and complex programmes and delivering specialist services. These services require collaborative working and strong leadership to resolve issues by working jointly with the customer across multiple sites and business areas.
- Reporting to the Head of Service Transition the role will have responsibility for Knowledge Management throughout the ASG service. As the Knowledge Manager you will be the primary asset controller of the organisation. The flow of knowledge, into, within, and out of the ASG organisation, and the embedding of critical knowledge into the ASG organisation, will be your main concern. It is expected that the successful candidate will have past experience of knowledge management, ideally within a Defence environment.. This is a challenging role that will be highly rewarding, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Manage the IT Service Management (ITSM) Document Library which consists of a consolidated set of ITSM artefacts such as strategies, plans, processes, Terms of Reference and reports.
- Review and update all ITSM documentation in accordance with the ITSM Document Library report their status at each monthly Service Management Review (SMR) as required.
- Review with the Customer all the ITSM documentation at regular planned/agreed intervals and as a minimum at least annually.
- Responsible for the Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS) that is accessible to all users and Service Provider Organisation staff.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions such as Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) for resolver groups to discuss ITSM related issues on an as needed basis.
- Provide User Engagement Forums for users to discuss the service-related issues on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of required KM documentation and procedures such as the Knowledge Management Policy Statement and the Knowledge Management Plan.
- Promote knowledge capture and reuse through operational and business processes..
- Capture and distil experience and insight for reuse to improve performance.
- Provide internal training and consulting on KM concepts and methodologies.
- Plan, develop, stand up, support, and promote collaborative tools and techniques such as communities of practice to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
- Help disseminate information about the organisation's knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences, maintaining communications on knowledge sharing across the organisation, participation in orientation and training sessions, and preparation of brochures/presentations.
- Successfully influence the production of Knowledge Articles and Chairing the Knowledge Article Review Board to enhance In-Service Support ability to support ‘first time fix’ and promote ASG users to locate and use information on a self-help basis.
- Attend Customer Programme and Design Reviews. to ensure Knowledge Management is correctly represented and covered during these meetings.
- Understand the technical aspects of Service Design, Service Operations and Service Transition to be able to understand each areas knowledge management needs.
- Confident and effective communicator using various media.
- A skilful listener with an open style. good at facilitating discussion.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Good networking and sharing of ideas and success .
- Experienced in getting a clear and up-to-date understanding of the business situation and processes and good working knowledge of the organisational strategy.
- Ability to think strategically in terms of culture and behaviour, business processes and technology and tools.
- Experienced in a good appreciation of customer needs at both operational and strategic levels.
- A strong understanding of the principles of knowledge management.
- Solid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes and capable of carrying out best practices against that.
- ITIL v3.0 Foundation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
- Current SC clearance. willing and able to obtain the highest level of UK Security Clearances and not dual nationality.
- ITIL Expert Certified.
- Experience of Service Desk Plus.
- Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.
- Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.
- Knowledge and experience of using SharePoint and JIRA as data repositories.
- Current DV clearance.
- A team player, co-operative and positive.
- Methodical, with attention to detail.
- A Finisher – who delivers what he commits to do, resilient in the face of difficulty.
- Energy and Drive.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Staying Power. maintains personal motivation over the long haul.
SC - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Wyton
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
WIT Virtual Co-Op + Career Fair Spring 2020
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Wentworth Institute of Technology 115 Ward Street Tansey Gym Boston , Massachusetts 02120 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon Systems Engineering Virtual Event
Time: 3:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
MIT Virtual Career Fair Spring 2020
Time: 9:00 am ET - 5:00 pm ET Address: MIT Fall Career Fair 2019 350 Brookline St Building WW15 Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139 Type: Campus Career Fair
SWE Virtual Fair
Time: 1:00 pm ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Fort Gordon Annual Veterans Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Fort Gordon Chamberlain Ave & 9th Street Augusta, Georgia Type: Professional Career Fair
Cleared Careers Hiring Event - Aurora, CO
Time: 3:00 pm MT - 6:00 pm MT Address: Radisson 3155 S Vaughn Way Aurora, Colorado 80014 Type: Professional Career Fair