2nd Line Systems AdministratorApply Requisition ID 144003BR Date updated 07/31/2019
Req ID: 144003BR
Summary of Role
The role involves providing IT Systems Support across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through to design, build, test and acceptance. The primary estate provides Geospatial Intelligence Solutions (GIS) systems, locally and remotely, for the Joint Forces Intelligence Group (JFIG) organisation within MoD Defence Intelligence. As such you will be working in the 2nd Line Support Team and reporting directly to the 2nd Line Team Lead. The 2nd Line Systems Administrator will administer a number of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) as part of the ASG Service contract. The ASG Service Management Team is composed of Raytheon, customer & sub-contractor personnel working together to support and enhance services.
- Providing support to the GIS system users in second line fault diagnosis, solution definition and resolution logging all information in the SD+ database;
- System monitoring and performance reporting;
- Liaison with 1st and 3rd line teams ensuring a seamless flow of information across the organisation, including sub-contractor SMEs and customer Resolver groups;
- Support Windows workstation and server software configuration and rollout of updates;
- Investigate and resolve problems relating to hardware issues, networking, storage access and software services;
- Review changes to systems in your Area of Interest to ensure impacts are understood and managed through deployment;
- Investigate and support the resolution of security issues relating to Active Directory, GPOs and associated security software;
- Perform asset management scanning tasks and load the resulting data into the configuration management tool repository;
- Maintain the asset management database using the change request system;
- Technical liaison between COTS software /hardware vendors and MoD customers;
- 2nd Line hardware support to multiple manufacturers;
- Other areas that may be directed as relevant to the role holder by his/her line manager.
- Proven track record in providing effective second and third line IT support to users;
- An understanding of the Systems engineering process from requirements capture through to acceptance with experience of build, release and deployment stages;
- Knowledge and experience of Windows system administration using Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 and Windows 7;
- An understanding of hardware build and support, extending to the investigation of hardware faults and parts replacement;
- Experienced in operating and maintaining backup software and hardware;
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft SCCM for the preparation and deployment of builds and upgrades;
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects for securing systems;
- Experience of upgrading / patching Windows workstations and servers, Linux servers, Network equipment, storage systems etc;
- An understanding of IP networking, switches, routers and firewalls;
- ITIL Foundation certification;
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD DV level security clearance
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
DV - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Wyton
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister