Cyber Security Manager IIApply Requisition ID 146102BR Date updated 08/14/2019
Security - Cyber Security Manager II
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our Global Security Services (GSS) organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We maintain leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s products around the world.
The IA Cyber Security group collaborates with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, compliant environments across various classified programs. Program and Information Technology teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to ensure the continued success and authorization of classified networks.
What’s YOUR Mission?
This position is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) Manager at the Raytheon, Woburn, MA. The ISSO Manager is responsible for the Cyber Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various US Government (USG) requirements including (but not limited to): National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) and related documentation such as the Office of the Designated Approving Authority (ODAA) Process Manuals, DSS Authorization and Assessment Process Manual (DAAPM). Components of the IA program include Certification and Accreditation/Assessment and Authorization activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
This position will be responsible for managing the ISSO team. Will be responsible for communicating within IDS with Engineering, Program Managers/CAMs, IT and other GSS organizations. Collaborate and coordinate workload, priorities and budget; including development of Basis of Estimates (BOE).
Responsibilities include staffing, training, daily oversight and performance development. Individual shall be knowledgeable in regulations and standards (i.e.., DAAPM, RMF, STIGs, etc.) and have the ability to train the ISSO team on these requirements and standards. In addition to supervising the ISSO team this position will perform ISSO and Information System Security Manager (ISSM) tasks as needed.
This position requires a current and active DoD Secret security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position is ERIP eligible.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
- 8 years of related experience
- Currently holds a DoD US SECRET Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP, CISM or other) within six months of hire date
- Experience with supporting various system configurations such as (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
- Experience with Development of IA Policies and Procedures
- Experience with the Preparation of Certification and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and/or Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Experience with Performance Development
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management Ability
- Experience with professional mentorship and coaching
- Ability to apply strategic thinking in order to effectively manage staffing and funding plans
- Ability to develop and defend Basis of Estimates (BOE) and perform budgeting tasks
- Understands and leverages IDS business knowledge to achieve results (financial, manpower, etc).
- Working experience with operating systems/applications; Windows, Linux, Solaris, Virtual
- Design and implement a process to identify and mitigate specific risks within the security environment
- Experience with development and delivery of IA related briefings and training material
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DIACAP, Risk Management Framework
- Experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 8 years related experience in lieu of degree
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website: https://stepp.dss.mil/SelfRegistration/Login.aspx
- Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
- Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
- Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
- Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
NISPOM Information System Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Cyber Computer Science MIS Management Information Systems ISSO CISSP CISMISSM Information Security DSS C&A IA IAM IAO Information Systems Security Officer Information Systems Security Manager
Business Unit Profile:
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has 28 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its
customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2015 sales of $6.4 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security. 146102
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister