Cyber Defense Technologist, ISSOApply Requisition ID 146023BR Date updated 08/14/2019
Security - Cyber Defense Technologist
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our Global Security Services organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We maintain leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s products around the world. Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
Information System Security Officers and Information System Security Managers collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, compliant environments across various classified programs. Program and Information Technology teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to ensure the continued success and authorization of classified networks.
What’s YOUR Mission?
This position is for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at Raytheon, Woburn. The ISSO provides support to classified computing environments. This person will be responsible for assisting in the development and enforcement of information systems security procedures in accordance with company and government regulations and policies. The ISSO will be responsible for system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems security education and awareness. The ISSO will assist in investigating information system security violations and helps prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions. The position routinely interfaces with their facility security team, program personnel and government representatives.
This position can be filled as either a G07 or G08 depending on the experience of the candidate.
This position requires a DoD Secret Security clearance on day one of employment. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position is ERIP eligible
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
- Two (2+) years relevant experience years of experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
- Existing DoD SECRET Security Clearance - US Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 2 requirements (Security+ or other) within six months of hire date.
- Existing DoD TOP SECRET/TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
- Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
- Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DIACAP and Risk Management Framework. Regulation is based on customer requirements
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
- Ability to deliver Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and training material
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Desire and ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and work with general supervision
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- Security+ or similar 8570 certification
Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 8 years related experience in lieu of degree
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website: https://cdse.usalearning.gov/login/index.php
* Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
* Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
* OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)
* Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
* Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
* Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
* Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
* Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
NISPOM DD254 Security Windows UNIX LINUX Information Systems Security Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Cyber Software Engineer Computer Science MIS Management Information Systems ISSO CISSP CISM JAFAN JSIG DCID ISSM Information Security Information Technology IT Auditing Cyber DSS C&A IA IAM IAO Information Systems Security Officer Information Systems Security Manager Microsoft Windows Office UNIX Linux HPUX Solaris, Cybersecurity
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister