What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has an exciting opportunity within its Mission Systems and Sensors (MSS) Business area. In this role, you’ll be integrated as part of the core capture and execution teams and will support all aspects of various capture and execution activities. The position will be well suited for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and will provide the selected candidate with exposure to leaders of the business.
Your responsibilities will include developing strong internal and external customer relationships and providing creative approaches to addressing business needs. The successful candidate will be engaged in proposals and associated negotiations, as well as contract change management. Your strengths include your ability to recognize contractual issues in program performance, recommend and implement solutions, and provide governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract. You will assist the program leads in formulating and executing business strategies to reduce risk, enhance customer satisfaction and support the generation of additional business opportunities.
Examples of these skills and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engaging in strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation and submittal, contract negotiations and contract management.
- Taking ownership of issues and using knowledge of situational dynamics to establish personal engagement strategy
- Providing business and contracts guidance to program team during proposal and contract execution phases
- Serving as subject matter expert for interpreting acquisition regulations and contract requirements
- Serving as the formal business interface with external and internal customers on programmatic issues
- Effective reach-back capability to leverage the greater Contracts organization as needed, including coordination with other business areas
- Minimum of 4 years of applicable work experience in both proposal and execution phases in Contracts, Subcontracts, Supply Chain, EXIM or Program Management
- Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and a general understanding of the ITAR
- An existing secret clearance or the ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Experience with the Integrated Contract Management System (ICMS)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with demonstrated sensitivity and effectiveness in leveraging differences
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience in leading, negotiating, executing and managing the full spectrum of DoD and other federal contract types with a working knowledge of the acquisition and program management process
- Defense industry experience or experience in companies that bring technology products to market in a heavy regulated industry
- Experience managing DCS or FMS Contracts
- Track record of developing effective customer relationships and bring closure to business pursuits
- Collaborative and influential decision maker
- Demonstrates savvy, sensitivity and passion to build and maintain positive relationships and achieve results
- Solid financial acumen and use of business metrics
- Ability to multitask and manage workload to meet deliverables on time and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management, Contract Administration, Supply Chain Management, International Relations, Economics, Business Law or any major related to this job description
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 132604
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Woburn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Multi-Disciplined Engr I Andover, Woburn, Tewksbury
- Principal Systems Engineer Woburn
- Senior Manager, Material Program Mgmt Woburn
- Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Portsmouth, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Software Engineer (Sr./Principal level) - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Portsmouth, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Principal Software Engineer - Big Data/Data Analytics Portsmouth, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury