Design EngineerApply Requisition ID 151459BR Date updated 11/18/2019
- Fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Role can be based in either Williamtown, NSW or Brisbane, QLD
Raytheon currently have an opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join our Australian Defence Air Traffic System (ADATS) program in Williamtown. Reporting to the ADATS Lead Engineer, the Design Engineer's focus will be with interfacing of existing systems into the Defence data network including the design of new systems where required. The role will also involve utilisation of your sound knowledge of Internet Protocol based switching and routing as well as the Australian Governments Information Security Manual.
- Perform technical planning, engineering development, review of design changes and technical investigations ensuring that the engineering solutions are developed, implemented and tested
- Attain, maintain and enhance Engineering Authority (EA)
- Interact with Design Support Network members associated with allocated tasking
- Display a sound understanding of the operation and functional performance requirements of systems assigned to their responsibility
- Provide engineering input to costed proposals
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering discipline (preferably Electrical, Electronics or Computer Science)
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in covering design, testing and implementation of ICT hardware including computers, network components and multi-functional devices
- Experience in switched VLAN environments and familiarity with serial protocols for data transfer is desirable
- Experience with Defence Engineering/Configuration Management processes will be highly regarded
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering tools such as DOORS is also desirable
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at email@example.com 151459
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Australia - Queensland
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.