Sr Multi-Disciplined Eng I - Mission Capability Verification
White Sands, New Mexico
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Mission Capability Verification Center is searching for a qualified candidate to join the AMDC team at White Sands Missile Range, NM to support the program test operations and data analysis activities.
Responsible for operation of non-tactical software and hardware during testing in the field. Update existing non-tactical test equipment and software. Supports missions to include setup, coordination, data analysis and tracking of non-tactical software load configurations. Flexible to provide ad hoc assistance in areas outside normal work scope as required.
Position can be either a G08 or G09 Based on successful candidates qualifications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience with field testing and data analysis.
- Knowledge of industry standard test equipment, engineering assessment, corrective actions and engineering modifications.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve in real time, meet deadlines, multi-task, work in a team environment, directly interface and communicate effectively with customers/management, and support the team across disciplines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving testing environment.
- Familiarity with both Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Ability to lift and carry 25+ lbs.
- Active secret clearance.
- Familiarity with Python scripting.
- Experience with NISPOM security guidelines.
- Flexible to work long hours (including some weekends and holidays) and travel (20%) to domestic locations to support program requirements.
- Work outdoors under various weather conditions.
- Work in remote and hazardous locations.
- Work in vicinity of energized equipment, radar radiation hazards, and unexploded ordnance.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
NM - White Sands
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).