Records Preservation SpecialistApply Requisition ID 139067BR Date updated 04/26/2019
Raytheon is seeking candidates to fill Information Management Support positions to support program and customer’s growing mission requirements and evolving processes for preserving and managing records in Warrenton, VA. The Records Preservation Team plays a key role in a unit charged with safeguarding intelligence equities.
- Records Preservation Support Specialist to provide support in the Information Management Services and Records Preservation Division.
- Standard core hours of operation are 0600 – 1630 hours Monday – Friday. This is a fulltime position (40 hours per week).
- The candidate must have a working and practical knowledge of job area of the customer organizations information management governance process and issues that impact record keeping systems, metadata, records retention and disposition, vital records, classification and control markings, etc., to avoid delays in program schedules.
- Candidate is expected to be involved in continuous learning and maintain current
technical job knowledge through attending courses and understanding the history of preserving specific classified documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following describes typical duties of a Records Preservation Support Technician include but are not limited to the following, experience with these responsibilities is highly desired:
- Support the full scope of records collection, preservation, and management activities of the
Customer’s records regardless of the media type to achieve operational targets that directly impacts the Customer’s requirements.
- Adhere to the records management and classification policies in place for the Customer.
- Conduct inventories of inactive records collections to recommend the appropriate Records Control Schedule (RCS).
- Separate temporary records and permanent records. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and disposing of non-record material and records exceeding their retention in accordance with Customer’s policy and procedures.
- Conduct preservation activities on records of permanent and Customer designated historic value.
- Retire inactive permanent and temporary records to the Customer’s records center.
- Enter all metadata for retired records in the Customer’s automated systems.
- Work closely with the Records Preservation Lead and the Records Preservation Specialist.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be highly goal and detailed oriented, with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with various management levels, processes problem solving skills and the ability to be proactive to delivering high quality services to all stake holders
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently
Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) or more years of relevant work experience, years of experience can be supplemented for a degree.
U.S. Citizenship is required and an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with FS polygraph from day one of employment. Must be crossover eligible.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Warrenton
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UT Arlington On-Campus Interviews - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Career Development Center 300 W. 1st Street, Suite 180S Interview Room 2 Arlington, Texas 76019 Type: Campus Screens
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Pensacola, FL
Time: 11:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Sonny’s BBQ 630 N. Navy Blvd Pensacola, Florida 32507 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Recruit Military Job Fair at Fort Hood
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 24th St. and Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Dulles, VA
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22265 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
SVA - Career Fair - Annual Conference 2020
Time: 8:00 am PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: JW Marriott 900 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, California 90015 Type: Diversity Conference Career Fairs
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - Colorado Springs 11-2PM
Time: 11:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 1330 Inverness Drive Colorado Springs, Colorado Type: Professional Career FairRegister