Commercial and Supply Chain (Airborne ISR) Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeApply Requisition ID 118777BR Date updated 09/04/2018
Location(s): Our sites can include: Harlow, Broughton, and Waddington.
Application: Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application.
Summary of Role:
Successful applicants will commence a 2 year Commercial and Supply Chain Management Graduate Programme. The programme is designed to provide a wide understanding of Commercial and Supply Chain (including Sub Contract Management) which will build a firm basis for your career growth.
Assigned to a business area on a rotational basis you will support contracts and orders with business clients and suppliers where you will be assigned activities to help you grow your commercial acumen and key business competencies.
You will need to demonstrate a high level of energy in pursuing work objectives and a total commitment to achieving successful outcomes, as evidenced by your academic results and extra-curricular activities. You will have long-term ambitions with first class communication, planning and organisational skills.
The ability to work collaboratively within multi-functional teams is essential as is an ability to stay calm under pressure.
We are looking to take on Graduates who will develop into the company’s leaders of the future. On joining Raytheon, you will undertake a structured two-year leadership development programme which will incorporate classroom based and experiential learning alongside your day-to-day work. You will be given a real job from day one and will be expected to start adding value immediately.
By joining Raytheon you will have the opportunity to work within a range of different areas of the business. Enthusiasm for a career in an innovative organisation is essential, as is the ambition to succeed.
- Review of Contract terms and Conditions, advising on risk and opportunities
- Placing of Purchase Orders and management of supplier performance
- Review of Agreements (Non-Disclosure/Teaming/Licensing/MOUs)
- Representing Raytheon in Customer and Supplier Meetings
- Export Compliance
- Running Supplier Selection Reviews
- Data gathering and reporting to support business initiatives
- Customer/ Supplier due diligence
- Participation in Programme and Bid Governance
- Liaising with Raytheon US business counterparts
During the first 2 years, in addition to your main role, you’ll be assigned various modules to support your career development. These range from business skills to team building activities.
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree in any degree discipline although business, finance, law and associated subjects which demonstrate the ability to present cogent cases for diverse approaches would be preferred.
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system or 300 UCAS points old system
- Ability to relocate to different UK sites and relocate during the role if required
- 2nd Language
- Demonstrable leadership experience
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £26,500 salary
- £2,000 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Twice yearly salary review for the first 2 years
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Broughton
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - Waddington