Integrated Sentinel Support Solution (ISSS) Programme ManagerApply Requisition ID 144493BR Date updated 08/02/2019
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a goal focussed and dynamic Programme Manager with current MoD or Government experience to work within Raytheon’s Airborne ISR Business.
Reporting to the Head of Sentinel, the role will requires the day to day leadership of the integrated cross-functional team for the ISSS contract for the provision of in-service support arrangements for the Sentinel R Mk 1 system.
The services provided under this contract include Maintenance, Design, Training, Supply Chain and Programme Management.
This is a complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive exposure to internal and external stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina.
The work location will primarily be based at our RAF Waddington facility with visits to customer and other company sites in the UK and potential for occasional travel to the US.
The ISSS Programme Manager will be responsible for:
- The effective execution and delivery of all ISSS programme requirements, owning cost, quality and technical performance
- Owning the relationships with multiple stakeholders within the customer and user community
- Achieving or exceed all contractual Performance Indicators and specifically all Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensuring that programme risks and opportunities are identified, quantified, and that mitigation plans are in place and actioned.
- Ensuring effective reporting on the status of programme to the Airborne Solutions leadership
- Maintaining effective change control, including the delivery of organic business growth
- Ensuring that business goals, objectives and strategy are clearly communicated to the programme team and that the programme team are motivated to perform and deliver to requirements
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Collaborative Leadership skills with a desire to succeed and an ability to motivate and lead by example
- Developed interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with customers and peers.
- Innovative & creative problem solver.
- Excellent Communication
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Resilience and staying power
- Courage; able to make the difficult decisions
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process to bring maximum effect in a short space of time.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management, plus established experience in programme/project using business performance management and reporting methodologies
- Established background in Aerospace and Defence and specifically within a DAOS/MAOS environment
- Experience of delivering complex programmes to government agencies
- Experience gained in a Managed Service environment
- Proven strategic and tactical programme management experience.
Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (Raytheon UK will sponsor as required).
For further details on Raytheon AISR visit - https://www.raytheon.com/uk/capabilities/raytheon-in-the-uk/airborneisr
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets.
Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions.
With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I council, Reservist Network etc. and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Waddington
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister