Sr Principal Systems Security Engr
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Would you consider yourself a "non-standard thinker" fascinated by systems and cyber security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
Are other people inspired to perform better when they work with you?
If you answered yes to the above and you are considered a leader with keen knowledge in your engineering discipline, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missile Systems may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
The position requires strong systems engineering and leadership skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support.
The position is in the Systems Design Center within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate, responsible for programs in the following product lines: Air and Missile Defense Systems, Air Warfare Systems, Land Warfare systems, and Naval and Area Mission Defense. U.S. Citizenship status is required as you must be able to obtain an active DoD Security Clearance.
Check us out on YouTube and other media:
Bloomberg News From Defense to Cyber--Raytheon's business strategy
Raytheon Cyber News
Raytheon Cyber Defender
Raytheon Cyber Resiliency
Additional information about RMS and Tucson, AZ
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Principal Engineer for Systems Security Engineering provides technical leadership for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual with a proven track record in developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This senior technical engineer will assess multiple candidate security solutions for "best fit" with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for leading the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
- Lead implementation of SSE into Raytheon Missile Systems products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Provide leadership for developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Pursuit and capture of new business initiatives in the SSE area
- Educate Raytheon and customers alike in SSE
- Plan SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assisting programs in developing plans and executing those plans
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
Security Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret. Additional clearances may also be required from the DoD.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience in the fields of computer technology reverse engineering, AT, or Cyber
- Extensive experience in design, development and fielding of Systems Security Engineering (SSE) systems for military applications: "relevant experience" is knowledge of a broad array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography. Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Leadership in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust SSE systems security requirements
- Extensive experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on SSE issues
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoD 8570 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- The candidate must be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues, and possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirements including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. With over 14,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally, RMS is headquarter in Tucson Arizona, and generated 6.6 billion in 2013 revenues.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).