Sr. Information Technology (IT) Generalist
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
The Information Technology (IT) Generalist must deliver results in a milestone-driven environment, while exemplifying upstanding values and behaviors. As a key contributor to a program’s overall execution, the successful candidate must make highly valuable contributions to RMS programs. The IT Generalist must be a motivated and experienced professional that enhances the organization’s ability to enable RMS business objectives through close partnership in program environments. The successful candidate will work across multiple functional organizations (including Cyber Security, Program Management, Engineering, Security and Facilities) and IT disciplines to facilitate the execution of joint program and IT milestones. The IT Generalist will own technical issues in the program space from discovery to resolution, including communicating status throughout the lifecycle. Additionally, the successful candidate will champion and document unique technical solutions for use across the broader Raytheon IT community. The IT Generalist must effectively communicate with both internal and external customers at strategic and tactical leadership levels regarding technical issues, project status and contractual deliverables.
The IT Generalist is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Providing comprehensive program support for all IT issues through a broad knowledge of IT services and capabilities.
• Directing the efficient use of IT personnel and resources to advance agile teams and initiatives.
• Working with the Engineering team to design and facilitate an integrated engineering environment.
• Collaborating with Engineering teams to enable and support test automation.
• Assisting with debugging test platforms and Information Systems (IS) to eliminate technical bottlenecks.
• Implementing continuous process improvement methodologies (e.g. Raytheon Six Sigma) to optimize business results.
• Gathering program requirements, analyzing them, and translating them into technical solutions.
• Facilitating technical collaboration with 3rd parties (e.g. vendors) to simplify and accelerate procurement, licensing, and problem resolution for provided tools and equipment.
• Providing documentation and recommend training on advanced IT processes and procedures.
Minimum Required Skills:
• 8570.01-M IAT-II Compliant Cybersecurity certification upon start date, and OS certification within 6 months of start date
• Basic Project Management experience
• Familiarity with Information Technology project lifecycle methodologies
• Ability to collaborate across functional organizations related to IT processes and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Basic scripting experience
• Recent experience with at least one programming language
• A minimum of 4 years maintaining a medium sized server environment
• Advanced Windows, Linux, software and hardware troubleshooting
• Experience in Windows and Linux system hardening
• Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, and/or DoD/RMF
• Understanding of patch management methodologies
• In-depth understanding of Group Policy administration
• Solid experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX virtual computing methods
• Knowledge of data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and solutions
• Familiar with TCP/IP, switches, firewalls, routers, and their basic operations
• Able to lift 15 pounds
• Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours
• Position may require up to 15% travel
• Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience is required
Highly Desired Skills:
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years
• Linux+ certification
• Substantial experience with three or more of the following domains:
◦ Firmware support and implementation
◦ Database administration
◦ High Performance Computing (HPC) knowledge
◦ Active Directory
◦ Microsoft Server support (2008, 2012 r2,
◦ Automated license management
◦ Data backup and restore technologies
◦ Collaboration tools (i.e. Microsoft Exchange, Lync, or SharePoint, etc.)
• Advanced scripting experience
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• ITIL Foundation certification
• Business experience with the following:
◦ Earned Value Management (EVM)
◦ Basis of Estimate (BOE)
◦ Requirements analysis
◦ Milestone definition and completion
• Familiar with DevOps methodologies
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 128408
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.