Signal Processing Engineering FellowApply Requisition ID 135883BR Date updated 08/06/2019
- Are you a results oriented Signal Processing professional with exceptional ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness?
- Do you actively seek out complex Signal Processing problems to solve?
- Do you have a knack for knowing how to mentor and partner with people and programs?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team at Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, AZ! We are the System Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate and we are seeking an Engineering Fellow to support our RF Signal Processing team. We are helping to shape the future of innovative weapon system solutions in response to our customers' most urgent needs and have an opportunity for you to join us!
The SD&P Directorate is responsible for systems engineering, algorithm development, guidance, navigation and control, and system modeling and simulation for Raytheon Missile Systems’ (RMS) broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. Signal Processing has the responsibility to design, develop, and provide performance analysis for signal processing algorithms for RMS products and new business initiatives.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Twelve (12+) years of engineering experience in RADAR and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithm development including target detection, tracking, recognition and sensor fusion.
- Twelve (12+) years of signal processing experience involving probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory or related disciplines.
- Eight (8+) years engineering experience in Missile systems.
- Attributes to be an effective individual and team contributor.
- Proficiency in MATLAB and C++ programming languages.
- Responsibilities include design, modeling, and analysis of RADAR and/or EO/IR signal processing algorithms in missile systems engineering applications.
- Ability to develop and prototype algorithms.
- Candidate is expected to immerse in the C++ implementation of our tactical software and simulations during the first year.
- Ability to actively participate in definition of team objectives and provide solutions to complex technical tasks.
- Execution of concept and performance trade studies; demonstration of capabilities developed.
- Engineering support for programs through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers.
- Strong advocate for technical integrity across multiple programs or product lines.
- A “big thinker” who does not operate in a silo, but can think about where a program or product line is heading or needs to go, while considering the technical aspects of how to get us there.
- Mentoring, champion of respect, diversity and ethics.
- Demonstrate ability to continuously adapt to changing business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with internal and/or external customers and team members.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Must be will to relocate to Tucson, Arizona
- Known and recognized authority in Signal Processing
- Author of intellectual property (patent disclosures), and conference/journal publications and presentations in applicable technical areas within the past ten (10) years.
- Experience in autonomous and collaborative systems, and Hypersonics
- Proficiency in Python and C.
Masters or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Math or related fields.
The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Learn more about us:
Raytheon Company Overview
Missile Systems and Tucson, AZ
Global Presence Raytheon's Global Partnerships
Small Diameter Bomb II employed from a Joint Strike Fighter 135883
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
A Passion For Progress
When Yolanda Mack was little, she wanted to find a way to make cars that could fly. Even then, she knew that meant she would have to become an engineer. So she did. Find out more about her impressive journey and fulfilling career at Raytheon in our feature story. Learn More
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U of Arizona- Engineering/STEM Next Day Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Screens
U. of Arizona - Eller EXPO (Finance LDP) - Undergrad (Fall 2019)
Time: 11:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: McClelland Atrium, 2nd Floor 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall Career Days - Engineering & Technology Fall 2019
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Spartan Stadium 891 Birch Rd East Lansing, Michigan 48824-5005 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall 2019 AES Networking Mixer
Time: 7:00 pm ET - 8:30 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking Event
New Mexico State U. - Career Expo (Fall 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Corbett Center Student Union 3rd Floor Ballrooms 1600 International Mall Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. Texas, San Antonio Campus Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens