SD&P MS&A- Operations Research Summer 2020 Internship
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Our Tucson, AZ, location has several openings available for Operations Research and Analysis Interns to join our team of engineering professionals, specifically for developing and implementing solutions in support of data analysis, concept of operations, military utility and weapon optimization as well as the development of complex systems throughout the development life cycle. Learn more and apply today!
The Operations Analysis Intern will work within a multi-discipline team to develop and enhance weapon system concepts by using Operations Research tools and mathematical methods including, but not limited to, regression analysis, math programming (e.g., optimization), stochastic models and simulation studies. In doing so, the Operations Analysis Intern creates battlefield simulations; prepares and performs effectiveness, survivability and operational utility studies; and conducts simulation and data analysis activities to support weapon system performance trades, cost effectiveness, survivability evaluations and competitive assessments.
The Operations Analysis Intern will use existing Government and company constructive simulations as well as develop smaller math models in MATLAB, Microsoft Excel, or programing languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, or Android.This Intern will conduct analysis to support weapon system design and trade studies, performance assessment studies and affordability studies from initial concept to fielded product and product improvement. Responsibilities also include conducting mission impact analyses, Analysis of Alternative studies and other analysis as required and to interface with senior personnel across RMS Program areas.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Post-Graduate standing from an ABET accredited institution pursuing a STEM degree per Raytheon guidelines in one of the following: Operations Research, Math, Applied Math, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Aerospace or related scientific or STEM discipline with a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA required.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Desired Education, Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the system engineering life-cycle model
- Experience in the areas of data analysis and statistics especially dealing with large volumes of data
- Coursework or internship experience in the following areas:
- Software development processes and object oriented design using C/C++ in either Unix or Linux computing environments
- Scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, or Python
- Numerical computing environments such as MATLAB
- Applied and/or academic experience of design and digital system modeling and simulation experience to include knowledge of physics, random variables and their application to modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Note: This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
ST02 (Sophomore Technical Intern) - Must have completed 30 credit hours of college
ST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 60 credit hours of college
ST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - Must have completed 90 credit hours of college
ST05 (Post- Graduate Technical Intern) - Must have an undergraduate degree and currently seeking a graduate degree (In degree fields listed in Required Education)
Learn more about us:
Raytheon Company Overview
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.