Real Time Embedded Sr Software Engineer I/Sr Software Engineer II (Multi-level)
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon's Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Provide Layered Defense Around the World
3-D 360 Experience with electronic warfare
We Stand Out
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "yes!" then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Software Engineer.
As part of the Software Engineering Center, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missile Systems further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
Applies technical expertise in the development of C/C++ software development for embedded multi-processor systems. Provides practical solutions to difficult technical software problems. Displays initiative and can work well alone or as a member of a team. Follows organizational processes and procedures.Reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.Interacts with senior software personnel through both written and verbal communication.Produces documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts. Develops complete software solutions, and influences the successful completion of supported programs and projects.Understands and utilizes agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Note: This position can be Salary Grade G08 (Sr. Software Engineer I) or Salary Grade G09 (Sr. Software Engineer II) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Applying expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems
- Providing software solutions to complex technical problems using ingenuity and creativity.
- Following and/or recommending changes to department processes and procedures.
- Reviewing software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
- Producing documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
- Utilizing agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in an embedded real-time setting
- Experience using C/C++ language
- Experience designing real-time embedded software on multiprocessor systems
- Experience with software, test development, and integration
- Experience using embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOSs) (e.g. Green Hills Integrity, Wind River VxWorks, etc)
- Experience working in a DoD embedded software environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in an integration lab environment working on hardware
- Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking, and discriminating systems and associated algorithms is highly desired
- Experience designing real-time embedded software on multi-core systems
- Experience with object oriented development
- Experience using software source control tools and/or automated build environments
- Experience with Agile Software development methods
- Experience using MATLAB
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Experience adapting Board Support Packages
- Experience with system integrity and mission assurance
Required Education (including Major):
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related degree; ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Why Work For Raytheon in the Software Engineering Center at RMS?
“The complexity of the problems I work on every day excite me. Tactical missile systems are not trivial, and are multi-threaded working at different rates. There are lots of interactions in the system, and lots of use cases that can go wrong if we aren't diligent to test all the boundaries.” - KP
“What excites about working at RMS /SEC every day is that I can be working on testing a program in C/C++, while next day I may be working on C++ GUI, or the day after in some other new programming language. I may be testing software one day or the other day I might be writing software. My point being here is that I'm always learning new things, new tasks and assignments all the time and that makes my job very interesting and fun.” – JS
“People are here from all over the country and the world, and through that I've had a great time learning about other places and cultures.” – BP
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: All About Security Clearances
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).