Quality Assurance Engr II
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Missile System’s Q&MA Mission is to “Prevent, Protect, and Improve”:
· Prevent defects, non-compliances, and escapes.
· Protect the integrity of the Quality Management System and the Raytheon brand.
· Improve continuously our products, processes, and tools.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
The Quality Engineer will work within IPTs to analyze, control and improve product quality by conducting the following activities:
- Systematically translate, analyze, and prioritize customer needs, legal and contractual requirements, and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards and operational definitions for the affected performing organizations
- Analyze/validate measurement system capability for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and stability over time
- Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause, identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values
- Perform analysis of nonconformities to: characterize causes as routine (common) or exceptional (special); and develop effective containment and elimination plans
- Integrate performance and conformance verifications such as First Articles and audits
- Predict quality of products/services/processes using historical, empirical and/or theoretical data in operational and statistical models
- Assure clear identification, physical control and competent disposition of nonconformities
- Facilitate corrective actions, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability
- Manage the interface and sell-off of products to downstream operations or end-item customers
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Ability to develop and implement robust process controls
- Ability to technically interface with various engineering disciplines
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work well with customers and suppliers in a team environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision–making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
- Ability to identify root cause and initiate/implement effective corrective actions
- Experience in application of Quality metrics and statistical control methodologies
- Ability to comprehend and translate external/internal requirements into effective work instructions
- Ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials (BOMs), consumable materials control, process disciplines and tool control
- Manufacturing process knowledge (assembly, inspection, test)
- Effective verbal and written communication and networking skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Demonstrated knowledge of key process characteristics and ability to implement effective process control techniques in one or more of the following Special Processes: Additive Manufacturing; Anodizing; Bonding/Adhesives; Brazing; Coating; Crimping; Heat Treating; Painting; Plating; Printed Circuit Board Fabrication; Sealing; Sintering; Soldering; Torque; Welding
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications
- Proficient in the use of Pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
- Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
- Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities (e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
- College course work should include C/C++ or Java
- 1 year of calculus, physics and computer science studies that include assembly level programming, data structures and algorithms, systems software design and operating systems and architectures
- Experience beyond Calculus such as Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Engineering Mathematics
Required Education (Including Major):
Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. Preferred degree fields are: Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Mathematics.
**Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume. **
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon's Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Provide Layered Defense Around the World
Experience the Patriot Evolution
Face to Face: Meet the Navy's Air and Missile Defense Radar 133394BR 133394
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.