ReLaunch Program Planner II / Sr. Program Planner I
Raytheon’s ReLaunch Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 12-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Program participant
- 12 week opportunity with
competitive pay and benefits
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
The Raytheon ReLaunch program is a 12-week career re-entry program through which you’ll polish your skills and acquire new ones to help you launch a new phase in your professional journey.
Take advantage of comprehensive training, technical and professional development opportunities, company-wide networking and personalized mentoring/coaching.
Raytheon ReLaunch will prepare you for a full-time career in critical roles at Raytheon, a global innovation leader in the government and cybersecurity solutions industry.
For this role, we are seeking a program management/planning professional to join the Program Planning & Support (PPS) directorate within Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, AZ. The Program Planner position will be a member of the Program Management Excellence organization, supporting all RMS programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, maintenance and analysis of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and familiarity of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) for low complexity programs.
This person partners with the program team to ensure the cost, schedule and technical requirements are fully integrated and executed as planned. They provide weekly and monthly planning metrics on schedule status, baseline maintenance, critical path analysis, and schedule variance analysis and network logic validation.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be familiar with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) processes and in the discipline of program planning and scheduling. You will also contribute to ensuring compliance with governmental and customer requirements. Duties will include: creating and maintaining compliant Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that achieves necessary cost and schedule integration.
This person will assist in the integrated planning and budgeting of tasks, perform analyses and prepare reports to provide the programs with the visibility to make management decision to ensure that programs meet or exceed schedule commitments.
In addition, this person must be able to ensure the IMS is used as a predictive model and as a valued management tool for the program. The candidate will incorporate contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS in order to maintain realistic current contract schedule baselines. The weekly and monthly business rhythms will require communication (electronically and verbally) of schedule status including but not limited to, results of critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis and the results of ‘what if’ exercises to the Program Manager, the customer and potentially to senior management. To be successful in this role the candidate must be able to develop strong relationships with Program Management, Finance, IPTs, CAMs and customer.
This position can be a G07 (Program Planner II) or a G08 (Sr. Program Planner I) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Must be returning to the workforce from a two year plus break in career
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field of study
- Must have taken a career break for two (2) or more years
- 2+ years of applicable experience that included Program Planning and Scheduling or equivalent education
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) processes and in the discipline of program planning and scheduling
- Experience using software designed for creating and maintaining industry related schedules. (MS Project, Primavera, Open Plan, or similar scheduling software)
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years of applicable experience that included Program Planning and Scheduling or equivalent education
- Knowledge and experience in assisting IPTs in planning, scheduling and cost estimating tasks
- Familiar with the integration of schedule and cost in an Earned Value environment
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or similar certification
- Demonstrated ability to deliver customer focused solutions
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html 141079
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be a successful Raytheon ReLauncher? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Relaunch Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Relaunch Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step1Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step2Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step3If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step4If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?