Principal Systems Engineer for Systems SecurityApply Requisition ID 120271BR Date updated 10/11/2018
Do you want to protect our nation’s weapons systems against the cyber threat?
Would you consider yourself a "non-standard thinker" fascinated by systems and cyber security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
Are other people inspired to perform better when they work with you?
If you answered yes to the above and you are considered a leader with keen knowledge in your engineering discipline, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missile Systems may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is looking for highly motivated systems engineers interested in developing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) solutions to protect the US war fighter’s technology advantage. Systems Security Engineering creates holistic security solutions leveraging Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management to support Program Protection Implementation on embedded weapons systems.
The position requires strong systems engineering and leadership skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support.
The position is in the Systems Design Center within the Systems Design & Performance (SD&P) Directorate, responsible for programs in the following product lines: Air and Missile Defense Systems, Air Warfare Systems, Land Warfare systems, and Naval and Area Mission Defense. U.S. Citizenship status is required as you must be able to obtain an active DoD Security Clearance.
Check us out on YouTube and other media:
Bloomberg News From Defense to Cyber--Raytheon's business strategy
Raytheon Cyber News
Raytheon Cyber Defender
Raytheon Cyber Resiliency
Additional information about RMS and Tucson, AZ
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Principal Engineer for Systems Security Engineering provides technical leadership for the design, development, qualification, integration and fielding of Program Protection and security solutions used in military applications. The position requires a highly motivated and innovative individual with a proven track record in developing SSE (Anti-Tamper (AT), Cyber, Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management) systems solutions to meet customer requirements, working in conjunction with new business development personnel and suppliers. Customers include USAF, USA, USN, USMC, MDA, and other USG acquisition agencies.
This senior technical engineer will assess multiple candidate security solutions for "best fit" with customer requirements, establishes detailed systems requirements and allocation of those requirements to sub-systems and engages with all engineering disciplines to determine compliance to the requirements during system development and qualification. The individual is responsible for leading the SSE implementation during the development, integration, test, and fielding of the systems and ensuring programs are executed to meet or exceed requirements while meeting cost and performance targets. Furthermore, the individual will develop and implement strategy to grow business in key areas.
- Lead implementation of SSE into Raytheon Missile Systems products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Provide leadership for developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans. Keep senior management informed on major accomplishments, issues and concerns
- Pursuit and capture of new business initiatives in the SSE area
- Educate Raytheon and customers alike in SSE
- Plan SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Assisting programs in developing plans and executing those plans
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
Security Requirement: Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret. Additional clearances may also be required from the DoD.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, or Robotics
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience in the fields of computer technology reverse engineering, AT, or Cyber
- Extensive experience in design, development and fielding of Systems Security Engineering (SSE) systems for military applications: "relevant experience" is knowledge of a broad array of program protection concepts, reverse engineering tools and techniques, failure analysis, and cryptography. Detailed understanding of and experience in engineering security solutions for Government customers.
- Leadership in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation with technical management experience overseeing technology throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting the most robust SSE systems security requirements
- Extensive experience leading, advising, and educating DoD customers on SSE issues
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoD 8570 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present comprehensive technical briefings.
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
- The candidate must be able to act independently to uncover and resolve issues, and possess excellent verbal, written, and leadership skills
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirements including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. With over 14,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally, RMS is headquarter in Tucson Arizona, and generated 6.6 billion in 2013 revenues.
Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Annual Fall Job Fair Honoring our Veterans
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Auburn/Webster Lodge of Elks #2118 754 Southbridge Street Auburn, Massachusetts 01501 Type: Other
oStem - Career Fair
Time: 2:45 pm CT - 5:15 pm CT Address: The Westin Galleria Houston 5060 W Alabama St Houston, Texas 77056 Type: Diversity Conference Career FairsRegister
Recruit Military Jacksonville Veterans Job Fair
Time: 11:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: TIAA Bank Field 1 EverBank Field Drive Jacksonville, Florida 32202 Type: Professional Career Fair
2018 IEEE WIE Forum USA East
Time: 2:00 pm PT - 4:30 pm PT Address: Crowne Plaza Hotel-White Plains 66 Hale Ave White Plains, New York 10601 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
Expo Experts Huntsville Engineering, Technology, and Security Clearance Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Westin Huntsville 6800 Governors West Huntsville, Alabama 35806 Type: Professional Career Fair
IDS Hiring Invitational Open House- DICE event
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 8:00 pm PT Address: Hilton Hotel In Woburn 2 Forbes Road Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 Type: Professional On-Site Interview