ESSM Blk I Production Program ManagerApply Requisition ID 147765BR Date updated 09/06/2019
The Program Manager will be lead Block 1 production. This position is responsible for negotiating Block 1 production contracts with the US Navy, establishing the delivery schedule and setting up the RMS production system to meet the schedule, then monitoring performance and resolving issues through the delivery of the spares, missiles, and other products.
Co-ordinate with and oversee the support of In Service contracts and Japan co-production contracts, such that all three customers: production, in service, and Japan are satisfied.
Lead direct engagement with the program leadership team and functional partners, in pursuit of day-to-day program execution; implementing Program Management (PM) plans, processes, and business objectives; and the implementation of PM best practices.
Responsible for establishing budgets with functional organizations and monitoring performance to budget. This includes making quarterly EAC updates and reporting financial performance to the program and product line.
Co-ordinate with the ISS and Design Agent Program managers and be a direct interface to the NATO SeaSparrow Project Office customer, as well as International Industrial Partners to ensure customer and industrial alignment in the execution of all production efforts.
Responsible for all estimating, proposing, and executing all required contract closeout activities associated with Block 1 production.
Optimize service, processes, and direction within the ESSM team.
Lead engineering, production, CM/DM, quality, procurement, and finance support to successfully meet all requirements and commitments; sponsor and lead cross-functional teams in support of strategic initiatives.
Identify and pre-emptively resolve business issues impeding achievement of goals.
Grow and develop the next generation of leaders within the organization.
Establishing key performance metrics and measuring the team to drive the right behaviors.
Plan, present, and forecast long-term funding requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive direct related experience with the following:
- Leadership and management role with demonstrated understanding and experience with financial metrics, margin improvement, cost reduction, cost estimation, cost accounting, and planning.
- Process development/deployment
- Integrated team coordination.
- Working and practical knowledge of Raytheon Production Systems, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), EVMS and Risk/Opportunity Management and Cash/WC Management
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of employment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, or Engineering or other related skills
- Certified or ability to obtain RTN Program Manager Level 4 or 5 certification (or higher) within 12 months
- Highly effective communication and writing skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- 5 years of Operations management experience
- Practical experience in program planning
- Practical experience in engineering
- Practical experience in supply chain
- Practical experience in contract management
- Successful track record as an IPT Lead or program/project manager
- Knowledge of Integrated Product Development tools and processes
- Knowledge of financial processes (Estimate At Completion)
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certified with an emphasis on variance analysis
- Familiarity with FMS process, ITAR, offset and FCPA
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful business situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as lead a team
- Raytheon Six Sigma Special
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
A Passion For Progress
When Yolanda Mack was little, she wanted to find a way to make cars that could fly. Even then, she knew that meant she would have to become an engineer. So she did. Find out more about her impressive journey and fulfilling career at Raytheon in our feature story. Learn More
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
U of Arizona- Engineering/STEM Next Day Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:00 am MT - 5:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Screens
U. of Arizona - Eller EXPO (Finance LDP) - Undergrad (Fall 2019)
Time: 11:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: McClelland Atrium, 2nd Floor 1130 E. Helen St. Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall Career Days - Engineering & Technology Fall 2019
Time: 4:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Spartan Stadium 891 Birch Rd East Lansing, Michigan 48824-5005 Type: Campus Career Fair
MSU Fall 2019 AES Networking Mixer
Time: 7:00 pm ET - 8:30 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking Event
New Mexico State U. - Career Expo (Fall 2019)
Time: 9:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: Corbett Center Student Union 3rd Floor Ballrooms 1600 International Mall Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Career Fair
U. Texas, San Antonio Campus Screens - Fall 2019
Time: 8:30 am CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Career Center 1 UTSA Circle San Antonio, Texas 78249 Type: Campus Screens