Entry Level Signal Processing Engineer I -- graduated college 18 months ago
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Do you actively seek out complex radar signal processing problems to solve?
Are you an innately inquisitive person and have a permanent sense that things aren't quite good enough?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic "YES!" then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Radar Signal Processing Engineer. The Signal Processing Center at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is seeking an engineer to provide Radar Signal Processing expertise to sustain, extend and grow new business. Occasional travel is required. Learn more below and apply today!
As a Radar Signal Processing Engineer, your tasks may include:
- Working in detailed high fidelity simulations written in C/C++ and Matlab, to develop, prototype, and test radar sensor models and radar signal processing algorithms
- Working in anechoic chamber and field test environments to test, verify, and validate radar sensor
- Working in all phases of missile radar development from program start up to live fire test, to provide engineering support by participating in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Eighteen months post degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics from an ABET accredited institution
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) 3.0 or greater. Please attach your most recent transcripts along with your resume.
- Academic experience in radar, communications, or RF design or radar systems analysis or signal processing
- Working knowledge of Matlab and one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience running and modifying tactical simulations, including embedded tactical code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and present a comprehensive technical briefing
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Must pass a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Learn more about Raytheon by clicking the YouTube links below:
Raytheon Company Overview
Additional information about RMS and Tucson, AZ
Raytheon Missile Systems VP: Tucson's bright future
Additional information about RMS and Tucson, AZ
Raytheon Javelin System
Raytheon Griffin Missile System
Raytheon Amraam Missile AIM-120
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirements including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson Arizona, with over 13,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.