Engineering Fellow - Structural Analyst
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Are you a highly independent contributor?
Do you strive for customer satisfaction?
Are you a team player and builder?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, you may be a good fit for this position.
The Analysis and Test Department of the Mechanical Subsystems Engineering Directorate (MSD) is seeking an experienced Structural Analyst with working knowledge and documented experience in the area of Structural Analysis and Test. This is to support of all phases of programs including proposal, development, production and failure investigations.
As a team member your tasks will include:
Analyze complex missile structures via classical and/or advanced methods of analysis
Articulate risk to various customers based on data driven solutions
Drive the final design working in a collaborative multi-disciplined environment
Analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The analyses will span the spectrum from classical methods to detailed numerical solutions using computer methods and finite element analysis. Working independently or coordinating the efforts of a team, the select candidate will be expected to define the scope and level of analysis required to meet required objectives and will be held accountable for completing the work within the agreed upon cost and schedule. Serving as an organizational spokesperson, the selected candidate will act as an advisor to management and customers on critical design decisions. The candidate will be expected to effectively present work products in internal and external reviews and provide expert counseling and mentoring.
The selected candidate will be expected to lead diverse teams, providing technical oversight and task delegation. The customers of this position will include internal Raytheon personnel and programs, as well as external Government(s) personnel and programs. The selected candidate will work with the customer and engineering leadership to define testing required to validate Structural analyses and to verify that hardware is compliant with requirements.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to be given a program from its conceptual design state, define required structural tasks, understand the critical path and requirements, organize and lead a team through PDR, CDR and qualification testing
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience in Structural Analysis, Structural testing: planning, organization, execution, data reduction, and correlation
- Demonstrated experience in linear and non-linear stress analysis, fatigue analysis, static test, system dynamic analysis and test
- Understanding of fatigue, fracture and fatigue of metallic and nonmetallic material systems at all environments
- Experience in vibration analysis and environmental test including vibration and shock. Analysis as well as testing experience with correlation knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in nonlinear, orthotropic material analysis (i.e., composites, C/C) and Structural integrity evaluation of these material systems
- Understanding of analyzing material systems that are nonlinear with respect to temperature and stress
- Supporting development testing for material characterization as well as subcomponent and flight testing. Reduction of test results for application into vehicle analysis
- Development of critical load cases and required testing of material and components - static and dynamic loads
- Structural integrity analysis to assess Margin of Safety as well as failure
- Structural issues with joints and gaps in high velocity flows and analytically evaluate their strength at temperature
- Definition and execution of ground test of Structurally critical phenomena
- Collaborate with the thermal analysts to analyze the Structural integrity of thermal protection system integration with airframe
- Demonstrated ability to perform Structural Finite Element Analysis using NASTRAN, ANSYS or equivalent software
- Expertise performing classical methods based on fundamental equations
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Currently possess or have the ability to obtain an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Master’s in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a team environment with positive interaction
- Ability to work independently
Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made by Raytheon
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Chemical Engineering/Material Science
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).