Engineering Fellow - Software EngineerApply Requisition ID 116444BR Date updated 06/01/2018
Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Future. In Force. Raytheon’s Advanced Naval Strike Portfolio
Visualizing the Future with Immersive Technology
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
As part of the Software Engineering Center, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missile Systems further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
An Engineer Who Inspires
The Software Engineering Center is seeking a technical expert in the field of embedded software architecture, design and implementation to shape embedded product strategy for Raytheon Missile Systems. The ideal candidate will have experience and technical acumen in technologies, architecture, and methodologies associated with hard real time embedded product design, development, verification and sustainment.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing road maps for product lines, technologies, research and development activities, and capital strategy
- Leading the selection of solutions with considerations for the role embedded software plays in all phases of product development and production, over the entire product life cycle
- Defining an integrated design strategy to support embedded capabilities within software, firmware, and hardware
- Defining software design processes and philosophies which enable efficient product validation and compliance with system requirements
- Providing technical oversight in the development, integration and qualification of system solutions
- Leading failure investigations in resolution of production sustainment issues
- Interfacing with internal Raytheon and Government personnel and programs, including participating in program and Business Unit reviews
- Developing apprentices to extend the knowledge of embedded software solutions to meet the needs of a larger set of programs and product lines
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an embedded real-time software setting
- Experience using C / C++
- Experience leading trade studies and multi-discipline engineering teams
- Experience with embedded system architecture and design for real-time multicore / multiprocessor systems
- Experience developing, testing, integrating, and verifying real-time embedded software
- Experience using embedded RTOSs (e.g. VxWorks, Integrity)
- Experience with software/hardware/firmware architecture, integration, and verification
- Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking, and discriminating systems and associated algorithms
- Experience with Agile software development methods, including Scrum
- Experience with DevOps principles and automated continuous integration techniques
- Experience with object-oriented software development
- Experience using software source configuration control tools and/or automated build environments
- Patents, papers, and publications in related technical field
- Prior active participation in a mentorship or coaching program involving several junior or mid-level engineers
- Experience working in a DoD embedded software environment
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related degree.
- Master’s degree in a related technical field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: All About Security Clearances
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Veteran ONLY Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Veterans Northeast Outreach Center 10 REED Street HAVERHILL, Massachusetts Type: Professional Career Fair
SVA - Career Fair - Annual Conference 2019
Time: 7:30 am CT - 9:00 pm CT Address: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830 Type: Diversity Conference Career FairsRegister
GEOINT Community Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Waterford at Fair Oaks 12025 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy Fairfax, Virginia 22033 Type: Professional Career Fair
Fort Hood SFL-TAP Mega Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood on Fort Hood 5764 24th Street Fort Hood, Texas Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech- Engineering Tech Talk (Spring 2019)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Information Session
Georgia Tech Institute - ECE Career Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair