Engineering Fellow - Software Engineer
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Future. In Force. Raytheon’s Advanced Naval Strike Portfolio
Visualizing the Future with Immersive Technology
Do new ideas and technology thrill you?
Do people call you an overachiever?
Do you enjoy facing new development challenges and working in dynamic teams?
As part of the Software Engineering Center, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missile Systems further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation weapon and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
An Engineer Who Inspires
The Software Engineering Center is seeking a technical expert in the field of embedded software architecture, design and implementation to shape embedded product strategy for Raytheon Missile Systems. The ideal candidate will have experience and technical acumen in technologies, architecture, and methodologies associated with hard real time embedded product design, development, verification and sustainment.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing road maps for product lines, technologies, research and development activities, and capital strategy
- Leading the selection of solutions with considerations for the role embedded software plays in all phases of product development and production, over the entire product life cycle
- Defining an integrated design strategy to support embedded capabilities within software, firmware, and hardware
- Defining software design processes and philosophies which enable efficient product validation and compliance with system requirements
- Providing technical oversight in the development, integration and qualification of system solutions
- Leading failure investigations in resolution of production sustainment issues
- Interfacing with internal Raytheon and Government personnel and programs, including participating in program and Business Unit reviews
- Developing apprentices to extend the knowledge of embedded software solutions to meet the needs of a larger set of programs and product lines
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an embedded real-time software setting
- Experience using C / C++
- Experience leading trade studies and multi-discipline engineering teams
- Experience with embedded system architecture and design for real-time multicore / multiprocessor systems
- Experience developing, testing, integrating, and verifying real-time embedded software
- Experience using embedded RTOSs (e.g. VxWorks, Integrity)
- Experience with software/hardware/firmware architecture, integration, and verification
- Practical experience with guidance, navigation, sensing, tracking, and discriminating systems and associated algorithms
- Experience with Agile software development methods, including Scrum
- Experience with DevOps principles and automated continuous integration techniques
- Experience with object-oriented software development
- Experience using software source configuration control tools and/or automated build environments
- Patents, papers, and publications in related technical field
- Prior active participation in a mentorship or coaching program involving several junior or mid-level engineers
- Experience working in a DoD embedded software environment
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other related degree.
- Master’s degree in a related technical field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here: All About Security Clearances
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Engineering Fellow - Harness & Interconnection System Design Engineer Tucson
- Engineering Fellow - Thermal Analyst Tucson
- Engineering Fellow - Energetic Materials & Processes Tucson
- Engineering Fellow - Aircraft Interface and Integration Tucson
- Engineering Fellow - Structural Analyst Tucson
- Engineering Fellow - Firing Trains Tucson