ReLaunch Program: CAD Technical Support Engineer II
Raytheon’s ReLaunch Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 12-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Program participant
- 12 week opportunity with
competitive pay and benefits
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Raytheon is looking for an experienced CAD Technical Support Engineer who has taken an employment break of two or more years in their field and are looking to re-launch their career.
The Raytheon ReLaunch program is a 12-week career re-entry program through which you’ll polish your skills and acquire new ones to help you launch a new phase in your professional journey.
Take advantage of comprehensive training, technical and professional development opportunities, company-wide networking and personalized mentoring/coaching.
Raytheon ReLaunch will prepare you for a full-time career in critical roles at Raytheon, a global innovation leader in the government and cybersecurity solutions industry.
The CAD Technical Support Engineer position will be part of the Mechanical Design Integrity Department in Tucson, AZ. The candidate will perform a wide variety of design tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations. They will solve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures with minimal direction or supervision. The candidate will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to prepare mechanical design layouts, detail and assembly drawings and models (including but not limited to packaging, mechanisms, and castings) and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications. The candidate will also be responsible for control and release of drawings/models using data management tools such as Windchill.
- Must be returning to the workforce from a two year plus break in career
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Degree in Computer Aided Design, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, or applicable degree
- Two (2) years of mechanical design experience may include areas such as electrical/mechanical packaging, harnessing, structures, cabling, surfacing and mechanisms
- Proficient using CREO Parametric (Pro/Engineer) solid modeling CAD tool and knowledge of Windchill data management (PDM) tool
- Be able to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements
- Have an understanding of basic principles, theories and concepts for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation
- Technical knowledge sufficient to perform tasks such as preparation of all types of detail drawings, large assemblies, castings or other preforms, interface drawings, various layouts for design concepts, and many other tasks
- Have an understanding applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and able to interpret the effect it has on the part
- Have knowledge of industry practices and standards used in drafting, modeling and design development/revision
- Be able to interpret, apply, and make decisions regarding the application of documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-31000, Y14.5M, ASME Y14.24 and ASME Y14.100
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn and use internal tools
- Effective interpersonal, communication and networking skills, ability to work well with others including customers and suppliers
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with timely problem resolution utilizing a professional, positive, proactive attitude, strong customer focus, and a desire to help others
- Ability to recognize roadblocks/issues and elevate/suggest appropriate corrective action
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Existing DoD Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of:
- Raytheon Drafting Standards, Mechanical Engineering Process for documentation preparation
- Knowledge of RMS processes and procedures
- Machine shop and hand tools
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be a successful Raytheon ReLauncher? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Relaunch Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Relaunch Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step1Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step2Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step3If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step4If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?