Lead Cyber Subject Matter Expert - Learning
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
Raytheon Professional Services is seeking a subject matter expert (SME) in the cyber industry to manage training and development activities. The position requires a high level of leadership and strategic thinking along with customer interface at all levels of the organization. The candidate must possess the ability to manage a team of SMEs and instructors. The candidate will oversee and coordinate the operational aspects of learning solutions to include curriculum analysis and design and content development projects, training delivery and serves as a liaison between project management, planning, project team(s), and line management. Additional responsibilities include assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, client satisfaction goals and objectives.
Other duties include:
- Developing mechanisms for monitoring project progress, interventions and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Provide guidance on cyber curriculums ensuring courses build on one another and adhere to an overall strategy.
- Client interface, strategic planning, and integration of activities across customer sites
- Project strategy, team leadership, schedule management, performance assessment, and project control.
- Management of project team including staff selection, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Management to facilitate workflow and ensure compliance with Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Some travel may be required.
- Minimum of 8 years overall work experience to include a minimum of 6 years of cyber experience
- Strong background designing learning solutions and leading development activities across a variety of media modalities including eLearning, VCT, ILT, Micro-learning and video
- Background in learning for adult audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with customers and co-workers
- Experience in a consultative role
- Demonstrated tactical planning, critical thinking
- Must be able to utilize a system level approach including integration and leverage of resources
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Project
- Excellent organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Training & Development
Type Of Job
MI - Troy
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Instructional Systems Designer - Troy, MI Troy
- Cyber Programs Manager - Troy, MI Troy
- Automotive Product Investigator - Detroit Metro Area Troy
- Mgr I Training & Development - Troy MI Troy
- Graphic Artist - Part-time Contingent Positions Troy
- Instructional Systems Designer - Part-time Contingent Positions Troy