Sr Mechanical Engineer I-structural analysis
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The Platform Integration Department leads mechanical design, development and integration of platform systems. This includes shelter systems, hardware integration, cable & interconnections, as well as facility development & site integration. The department is comprised of individuals with technical expertise and experience in hardware design, integration and production support.
In this role you will be a member of the Requirements, Analysis and Verification Section which is the "go-to" resource for best practices for Systems and Hardware requirements development, Structural Analysis, and Test Development within the Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED). As a Structural Analyst II you will support the team as follows:
- Perform a variety of structural analyses on mechanical systems for ground-mobile, ground-fixed, and shipboard applications
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to create innovative design solutions that meet structural requirements
- Develop test plans and procedure for execution of environmental testing
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 4+ years of experience in structural analysis including finite element modeling working from CAD geometries
- Analytical skills in both statics and/or dynamics
- Experience using structural analysis finite element software such as ANSYS
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment with mechanical design test disciplines
- Experience analyzing to military standards and requirements
- Experience with CREO (Pro-E) or similar CAD tool
- Leadership experience with a task or project
- Strong verbal, written (technical and non-technical) and presentation communication skills
- Experience supporting environmental testing, specifically hands-on experience supporting structural testing
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks with changing priorities and interruptions
- Advanced degree a plus.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow @Raytheon on Twitter Follow Raytheon on YouTubeFollow Raytheon on LinkedInFollow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Systems Engineer I- New Grad 2019 positions! Andover, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Software Engineer - Summer Intern 2019 Marlborough, Tewksbury, Woburn
- Software Engineer II Tewksbury
- Cybersecurity / Information Assurance Engineer Tewksbury
- Sr Cyber Technologist, eWAN ISSO Tewksbury
- Sr Software Engineer II Tewksbury