Sr Cyber Technologist, ISSMApply Requisition ID 130700BR Date updated 01/10/2019
Security - Sr. Cyber Technologist, ISSM
Our Global Security Services organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We maintain leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s products around the world.
The Information System Security Manager collaborates with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, compliant environments across various classified programs. Program and Information Technology teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to ensure the continued success and authorization of classified networks.
This position is for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) at Raytheon, Tewksbury, MA. The ISSM is responsible for the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various US Government requirements including (but not limited to): the Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive Number 503 (ICD 503) and customer/contract specific Information Assurance (IA) regulations. Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities (documentation preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, and delivering information systems security education and awareness. This position interfaces with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
This position is ERIP eligible.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Six (6+) years of experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
- Currently holds a US TOP SECRET Clearance
- Experience with JSIG, JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3 or ICD 503 requirements
- Currently holds an Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 1 requirements (Security+ or other)
- Currently holds an Information Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 3 requirements (CISSP, CISM or other)
- Previous experience successfully performing as an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in an industrial security environment
- Working experience with operating systems; Windows, Linux or Solaris
- Design and implement a process to identify and mitigate specific risks within the security environment.
- Understands and leverages IDS business knowledge to achieve results (financial, manpower, etc).
- Experience working with government regulations, such as JSIG, JAFAN, ICD 503, and the Risk Management Framework.
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Memorandum of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/U)
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
- Ability to deliver Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and training material
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
- Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and work with little supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business or other relevant degree OR 8 years related experience in lieu of degree
The following courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website: https://stepp.dss.mil/SelfRegistration/Login.aspx
- NISPOM Chapter 8 Requirements for Industry (IS201.16)
- Introduction to Industrial Security (IS011.16 / .06)
- Safeguarding Classified Information (IS109.16 / .06)
- OPSEC Security Awareness(GS130.16)
- Cyber Security Awareness(CI130.16)
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) (CS124.16)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Curricula (CS100.CU)
- Continuous Monitoring (CS200.16)
- Special Access Program Overview (SA001.16/06)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
NISPOM Security Windows UNIX LINUX Information Systems Security Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Cyber Software Engineer Computer Science ISSO CISSP JAFAN JSIG DCID ISSM Information Security Auditing Cyber DSS C&A IA Information System Security Officer Information System Security Manager Microsoft Windows Office UNIX Linux HPUX Solaris, Cybersecurity
Business Unit Profile:
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has 28 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its
customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2015 sales of $6.4 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Top Secret - Current
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More
- View all events
University of Arizona Engineering iExpo - Spring 2019
Time: 10:00 am MT - 4:00 pm MT Address: Student Union Memorial Center 1303 E. University Blvd. 3rd Floor Tucson, Arizona 85719 Type: Campus Career Fair
U of Arizona - Engineering Tech Talk - Spring 2019
Time: 6:00 pm MT - 7:00 pm MT Address: Student Engagement & Career Development (SUMC, 411) 1303 E. University Blvd Bldg. #17, Suite 411 Tucson, Arizona 85721 Type: Tech Talk
Georgia Tech- Engineering Tech Talk (Spring 2019)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Information Session
Georgia Tech Institute - ECE Career Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair
Georgia Tech Grand Challenge Industry Panel
Time: 5:00 pm ET - 7:30 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Employer Panel
Veteran's Virtual Open House
Time: 11:30 am CT - 1:00 pm CT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister