Senor Linux IT System Administrator II
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Raytheon IDS - Tewksbury, MA
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s IT infrastructures around the world.
System Administrators collaborate across a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities.
As a System Administrator supporting the Seapower Capability Systems Business Area, your program teams rely on you to collaborate, provide guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT problems.
Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Effective System Administrators collaborate and team effectively across functions, also taking on opportunities to serve as project leads and/or mentors to share knowledge across the IT Program Execution team.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA, with potential for international and/or domestic travel. Capped budget relocation support is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per Company policy - amount to be discussed at the appropriate stage of our process.
US DOD Secret Clearance is required for this role as of day one of employment. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Government clearances.
- Assure system reliability and performance through monitoring and infrastructure management
- Provide system administration and maintenance support on Windows- and Linux-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
- Convert and upgrade to new systems
- Develop and maintain technical and operational documentation to continually improve our computing environments
- Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
- Significant experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems (OS)
- 6 years minimum total Professional experience as an IT professional
- Data storage and data backup technologies
- OS hardening in accordance with DOD standards
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Security+ certification
- Technical team leadership
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Virtual computing technologies
- Thin client, cloud technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related field. Please note that significant applicable professional experience in a related field will be considered
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Multi-Disciplined Engr I Andover, Woburn, Tewksbury
- Sr. Principal IT Program Management Lead Andover, Tewksbury, Pelham
- Sr Mechanical Engineer I-structural analysis Tewksbury
- Senior Electrical Engineer- FPGA Verification Tewksbury
- Prinicpal Electrical Engineer: Oscillator Design Tewksbury
- Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Portsmouth, Woburn, Marlborough, Tewksbury