Brand and Content JournalistApply Requisition ID 123892BR Date updated 09/19/2018
A critical part of this role is contributing to the new business proposal process. The right candidate will be able to take very technical data, determine the features and benefits and present them as key discriminators in the writing and editing of the Executive Summary portion of new business proposals.
This is a critical new role that requires a candidate who is proactive, creative, action-oriented and willing to immerse him/herself in Raytheon’s business. The successful candidate will partner with team members to ensure that fresh and compelling editorial content is regularly posted and shared from various media channels.
Please send six published examples of your writing.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Write 1-2 feature articles a week for Raytheon’s external and internal websites. Topics may include program wins, employee profiles, technology advancements and community relations work in education and veterans’ affairs
- Write/edit executive summaries for new business proposals
- Write thought leadership content for the Business President
- Write op-eds/thought leadership for external channels
- Write occasional press releases
- Some travel required. Must be willing and able to attend events during evening hours and weekends when necessary.
- Experience as a print, broadcast, online or brand writer and an aptitude for news and feature stories.
- Proven editing skills. Outstanding command of English and experience writing for the web and social channels. Content/copy editing skills. The successful candidate will be an arbiter of best practices in grammar and AP style.
- Proven research skills.
- Project management skills to track editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and influence all levels of management.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while driving tasks to completion.
- Demonstrated active involvement in social networking – actively demonstrates best practices via participation in a wide variety of social media.
- Experience with video production and photography
- Experience with writing proposal responses
- Raytheon company knowledge
- Defense industry experience
- Minimum 8 years related experience and Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related disciplines Or Master's degree with 6 years of related experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Publications & Graphic Arts
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UCLA Electrical and Computer Engineering Career Fair (Fall 2018)
Time: 10:00 am PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: Mong Center Patio Engineering VI, Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Campus Career Fair
UCLA Employer Resume Day: Engineering & Tech Edition
Time: 10:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: UCLA Career Center, 2nd Fl. Rm. 200 , Type: Networking Event
UCLA Master's and PhD Networking Breakfat
Time: 9:00 am PT - 10:30 pm PT Address: Ackerman Student Union Westwood Plaza Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Networking Event
UCLA Engineering & Technical Fair- Day 1 (Fall 2018)
Time: 11:00 am PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: Ackerman Union 308 Westwood Plaza Second Floor Los Angeles, California 90095 Type: Campus Career Fair
Raytheon Hiring Event: Finance, Supply Chain, Legal, Business Development, International, IT & More!
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Networking EventRegister
MOAA Military and Veteran Virtual Career Fair
Time: 1:00 pm PT - 3:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister