(E3) Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, McLean, Virginia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The successful candidate will work with other experienced engineering staff in Sunnyvale, CA to develop and deliver cutting-edge engineering solutions. The successful candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
***this position can be staffed in Sunnyvale, CA, or McLean, VA***
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 4+ years’ experience in software application development using C++ and/or Java with object oriented design on the Linux platform
- Working knowledge and understanding of all phases of software development life cycle
- Ability and willingness to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience scripting with modern languages such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience developing with GCC in Linux environments
- Practical experience in all phases of software development life cycle including estimation, requirements gathering, design and test driven development
- Active TS/SCI clearance within the last 2 years
- Experience with build and test automation, continuous integration, and software configuration management tools
- Experience with UI software development with Qt or other cross-platform frameworks
- Experience designing, using, and maintaining object relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Linux OS system administration skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Understanding of telecommunications, data communications systems, wireless communications concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals
- Experience with lab testing equipment like spectrum analyzers and signal generators
Required Education: BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field, and at least 4 years of prior relevant experience, or a MS degree with 2 years of prior relevant experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. 117918
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Sunnyvale
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).