Sr Software - Systems Engineer II
State College, Pennsylvania
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in systems and/or software engineering
- Ability to work effectively on a team of software & systems engineers
- Experience with Agile Development and cloud technologies
- Experience generating technical documentation, such as DoDAF artifacts, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), system test plans & procedures, etc.
- Experience conducting technical research, documenting and presenting results
- Experience with system design, trade studies, and/or system integration & verification
- Ability to perform functional requirements decomposition and requirements allocation to system components, identify dependencies and develop response plans
- Strong interpersonal, communications, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong commitment to quality customer service and on-schedule task completions
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance. A current, active Top Secret/SCI security clearance is highly preferred.
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience in software development on Linux and/or Windows platforms
- Experience in Software Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and/or Security Engineering
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
PA - State College
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.