Director, Strategy and OperationsApply Requisition ID 141543BR Date updated 05/31/2019
This role is part of the Corporate US Business Development (USBD) organization headquartered in Rosslyn, Virginia, and is the Decisive Ground Operations (DGO) and Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Strategy and Operations (S&O) Director. The S&O Director will report to the VP, DGO and IAMD. This position will be responsible for cross-capabilities coordination and partnering with RTN Businesses S&O on efforts to develop mission solutions based on domestic and international customer requirements. In this capacity, the position will focus on long-term strategic opportunities driving OneRTN collaboration and alignment, facilitating RTN access to US Army, US Marine Corps (USMC), and US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) RDT&E organizations and funding. The S&O Director is responsible for integration of technical road maps, developing collaborative growth plans and creating a solid pipeline of business opportunities in coordination with the DGO Capabilities Leads. In addition, the position will be responsible for developing and managing key customer relationships for Army senior leaders and staff at the Pentagon.
This role requires the ability to effectively collaborate with senior leadership across all RTN Businesses and Product Lines, as well as the Enterprise, to de-conflict strategies and collaborate with the appropriate business units in support of the capture process. Essential to this is the responsibility to manage the RTN DGO Collaboration Network to expedite information sharing within the greater body of DGO and IAMD-associated executives, as well as Business Development, Engineering, and Communications personnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leveraging the efforts of DGO Capability Leads’ portfolios with RTN Businesses’ product lines, business units, USBD, RII, GR and Corporate Strategy to create cross-company/cross-capability mission solutions for Army, USMC and SOCOM customer needs.Developing and leveraging detailed understanding of customer needs, buying power, and market dynamics.Partnering to develop RTN Business Product Line 5-year and growth plans, as well as review and management of DGO in-puts to the ERPM growth pipeline.Facilitating the development and tracking of DGO-related bookings and pipelines, and will focus on leading indicators and BD metrics generation and market analysis. Tracking Business and Product Line DGO-related capture priorities and AOP forecasts.Interfacing with Businesses and USBD on leading indicator and BD metrics generation.Preparing Monthly Business Development Performance, Operations Reviews, CEO Forum, and other necessary reports to maintain RTN SLT awareness of DCO opportunities, customer/competitor intelligence and status of franchise programs.Coordinating with DGO Capability Leads to manage the DGO consultant NBI budget.Assisting DGO Capability Leads to participate in development/execution of Business NBI Budgets. Managing DGO BD operations including supporting the RTN Army Futures Command EXCOM, and other responses to actions and suspenses.Publishing periodic reports for DGO, Businesses and USBD leadership.
- Minimum 14 years of progressively responsible related experience (strategic planning, business development, defense, and program management).
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD, Army, USMC and SOCOM Acquisition, FMS, and DCS processes.
- Solid understanding of ITAR regulations, licensing requirements, and releasability.
- Ability to establish and cultivate relationships within the US Army, USMC, SOCOM and their operational commands, development labs and acquisition agencies.
- Business acumen for identifying new profitable business opportunities and making reasoned decisions in a changing business environment.
- Strong technical and program management background with demonstrated success developing creative and innovative solutions for large scale business challenges.
- Thorough understanding of the complete kill chain and RTN platforms and solutions.
- Proven track record of customer engagement and relationship building.
- Will have very effective collaboration, matrix, team work and influencing skills. Has the ability to get work done through others. Manages people well, gets the most and best out of the entire team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; commands presence and ability to demonstrate business and technical acumen. Demonstrated experience articulating customer positions, status and strategies to senior management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with IPDS process and gate reviews.
- Program Manager Certification.
- Ability to determine business case and financial impact for both short-term and long-term business goals.
- BS/BA or other Science required. MA in Business or related field is desired.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Type Of Job
VA - Rosslyn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Transform military experiences into private sector enterprises
As an organization, we have a tremendous level of respect for military service. Our customers are the men and women defending our nation, and a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves, National Guard or are military veterans themselves. Learn More
Forget Silicon Valley
Defense companies are technology companies – but with missions bigger than creating the next hot gadget for the holidays. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
MacDill Quarterly Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Surf’s Edge Club 7315 Bayshore BLVD MacDill AFB, Florida 33621 Type: Professional Career Fair
Patch Barracks Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Swabian Special Events Center Patch Barracks 2502, 7056 Stuttgart, 70569 Type: Professional Career Fair
Ramstein Job Fair
Time: 9:00 am GMT +3 - 6:00 pm GMT +3 Address: Ramstein Officers' Club 302 Lincoln Boulevard Ramstein, 66877 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister
National Intern Day
Time: 9:00 am PT - 5:00 pm PT Address: , Type: Networking Event
Hire Our Heroes Joint Base San Antonio Networking Reception
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: RBFCU Admin Service Center 1 IKEA RBFCU Parkway Randy Smith Auditorium Live Oak, Texas 78233 Type: Professional Career Fair