Associate Software Engineer (New Grad BS) - Do you Code for Fun?
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Do you Code for Fun?
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research and engineering that solves important problems in a collaborative environment. BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers and offers performance-based bonus incentives and retirement contributions.
Located in Arlington, VA, our Information Exploitation group is seeking talented software engineers and scientists interested in designing, prototyping, developing, and deploying advanced systems and algorithms using Data Science and Analytics, Semantic Web Technologies, and Machine Reasoning and Machine Learning to solve challenging DoD and IC problems. BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers, excellent performance-based bonus incentives, and generous retirement contributions. Our ideal candidate will have experience in machine reasoning, semantic web technologies, data analytics, or artificial intelligence technologies and will have strong Java development experience.
Our applied software research uses the above technologies to build both prototype and real operational systems. You will solve challenging problems including:
• Researching and publishing novel software algorithms and solutions to complex, open-ended problems.
• Optimizing software for knowledge representation, storage, and query systems for high performance.
• Applying machine reasoning and learning to develop solutions for complex intelligence problems;
• Developing and analyzing complex data models and ontologies;
• Designing and implementing REST-ful web services and web applications;
• Designing algorithms to reason about causal networks in noisy, incomplete, multi-modal data;
• Creating hypothesis reasoners that interactively generate competing hypotheses for user feedback;
Required Education and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Proficiency in Java and the Java-based development ecosystem
Desired Skills and Education:
• 1-2 years of relevant software engineering experience or internships involving software engineering.
• Experience with Web application development
• Research or development experience with probabilistic reasoning, data representation, or machine learning
• Research or development experience with Big Data, Semantic Graphs, or Graph Databases
• Working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Semantic Web technologies (RDF/OWL/SPARQL)
• Experience with logic programing (Prolog, XSB, Flora-2), or other rule-based systems for knowledge representation and reasoning is a desired
• An active US Government security clearance is highly desired
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.