Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
TX - Richardson
The Operations Summer Intern will participate in manufacturing or engineering projects focused on using Lean Manufacturing techniques. Additionally, the intern will work independently reviewing business systems and collecting the necessary data to access the opportunities for improvement in their assigned product line. The intern will work on a wide range of optical applications and have broad-based exposure to various business areas including Engineering, Production Control, Finance, Integrated Supply Chain, and Manufacturing. Some project examples are listed below:
- Design, control, and improve the manufacturing process through value stream mapping and waste identification
- Reduce cycle time and/or customer lead time
- Reduce WIP
- Reduce labor cost (HPU)
- Increase system throughput
1. Demonstrated experience with three of the following through internships, class projects, or related activities:
- Technical problem solving
- Engineering interpretation of technical documentation
- Team leadership
- Project and risk management
- Statistical process control
- Lean manufacturing
2. Coursework in either Lean Manufacturing or Statistical Process Control
- Engineering or Manufacturing knowledge gained through previous related employment
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
Currently pursuing a BS degree in Engineering from a four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2019.
Workingtowards a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in a field such as Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemistry, Physics
This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, ST03, ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
- ST02 (Sophmore Technical Intern) - must have completed 30 hours of college
- ST03 (Junior Technical Intern) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- ST04 (Senior Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- ST05 (Post Grad Technical Intern) - must have completed 90 hours of college
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 133401
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.