Sr. Cyber Engineer II
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, massage therapist, relaxation rooms, cafeteria, learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes foosball and pool tables, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special event to include Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match; flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline. Plus there are lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
Raytheon is seeking a talented Cyber Security Engineer for our portfolio of programs at our Cityline/Richardson, TX location. The Cyber Security Engineer will join the Cyber Security Engineering team as a Cyber Security professional, in Information Assurance, supporting the development and maintenance of custom solutions.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom-developed products
• Preparation of documentation to support Assessment & Authorization activities
• Arrange, support and/or lead Cyber Security activities for program sell-off of security related requirement
• Applied knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to support customer needs and requirements
• Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
This position is located at our Cityline campus in Richardson, TX.
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance
Hires with an Active TS/SCI clearances are eligible for sign-on bonuses of "up to" $40,000.00
Requires the Aptitude to:
• Apply extensive technical expertise in Cyber Security Engineering
• Full knowledge of other related disciplines
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Work without appreciable direction
• Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
• Guide the successful completion of major programs and function in a project leadership role
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• Demonstrated experience in cybersecurity to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NISPOM and/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
• Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
• Strong understanding of security design and architecture with the ability to recommend solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems
• Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in, at minimum 4, of the following areas:
◦ Linux system administration
◦ Windows system administration
◦ Network component administration
◦ VMware administration
◦ Operating system hardening
◦ Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
◦ Vulnerability assessment testing, analytics and remediation
◦ Software and/or Protocol(s) (LDAP/Active Directory, Tripware)
◦ Certification and Accreditation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
◦ Developing System Security Plans (SSPs) and all supporting certification and accreditation documentation (e.g. XACTA)
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
• Proven ability to collaborate with internal company contacts as well as inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Experience in the design and development of cloud-based systems, security architectures and analytics development
• Security Certifications in accordance to DoD 8570 (IAT Level I preferred); Security +; CISSP; SANS GSEC
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
• Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
• Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
• Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM)
• Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
6 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; or 4 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Principal Tech Editor/Wrtr-Richardson, Texas Richardson
- Sr. SharePoint Online Developer and Architect Richardson, Billerica
- Team Ldr II PC Tech Support Dulles, Richardson
- Sr Principal Systems Engr - Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Testability (RAM-T) Engineer Dulles, Richardson, Aurora, Indianapolis, Marlborough
- Principal Systems Engineer Richardson
- Sr Systems Engineer I Richardson