Senior Systems Administrator
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
This individual will be a Senior Systems Administrator providing technical expertise supporting information system components, infrastructure integration and maintenance to satisfy architectural and business requirements in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Aviation & Missile Center’s Systems Simulation, Software and Integration (S3I) Directorate. The Candidate will also monitor system performance, security and troubleshoot problems as they occur.
The candidate for this position must possess, at a minimum, a United States SECRET level security clearance.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Monitor systems performance and maintain operations
• Control access to systems
• Manage and maintain backups for systems
• Update, configure, build and maintain systems and support infrastructure
• Record, troubleshoot and solve issues identified by users
• Work independently and with other engineers on requirements development, system architecture and system design
• Execute field operations support for customer event activities
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of technology, MIS and other related field or at least 4 years’ information systems engineering and design experience is required.
Required Skills with 6 years in the following and Certifications:
• Must have Security+ CE or CISSP Certification and Operating System Certification (Windows)
• Experience with administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012)
• Understanding of modern TCP/IP networking fundamentals for local area networks
• Experience with patching and deploying software products and updates using Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and System Center components
• Familiar with managing and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
• Experience with Virtual Machines and hardware virtualization technology (VMWare, Hyper-V)
• Experience with system imaging processes and software (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Macrium)
• Experience with Multifactor Authentication and PKI
• Experience with STIG processes/procedures
Desired Skills and Certifications:
• Understanding of Information Assurance (IA) systems: Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus
• Understanding of Microsoft SQL components
• Familiar with Microsoft IIS and SharePoint services
This position may require that the individual be able to travel to support equipment installations, maintenance and operations at both Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) locations. Duration and amount of travel may vary but may be up to 10% spread throughout the year.
This position requires a U.S. Person
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
AL - Redstone Arsenal
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).