Senior Facilities Structural EngineerApply Requisition ID 119605BR Date updated 07/23/2018
Raytheon’s Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) provides engineering design, integration and production to a wide range of hardware in Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS).
This position can be an G08 or a G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
We are looking for a Structural Facilities Engineer to deploy internationally in support of a radar installation project to provide onsite technical expertise during construction for verification of the concrete and steel structure activities. After completion of this initial international onsite deployment for this radar installation, you would transition back to the home office in Marlborough, MA to support the next facility design.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Deployed Job Description:
- Deploy internationally to support the construction of a Radar installation; in particular reviewing and verifying the facility structure is being erected based on the design drawing package
- Use your experience with and knowledge of building codes and standards to provide in field solutions to RFIs from the construction subcontractor
- Provide detailed analysis and design of all types of building structures and infrastructure if required while onsite during construction support
- Resolve field issues for the facility structure to include coordination with the home office engineering, equipment supplies, and onsite teams
- Work with Raytheon, the Government, and subcontractors
- International travel
- Provide facility structural criteria for a Facilities Requirements Document based on evaluation of customer requirements
- Participate in site surveys and make recommendations for the facility structural or infrastructure solutions based on current configuration and new system requirements
- Apply structural engineering knowledge to new and refurbishment projects and/or issues to determine the correct course of action
- Support the Architecture/Engineering (A/E) contractors performing the facility design effort
- Prepare Statements of Work and support Best Value Source Selection
- Deploy to CONUS and OCONUS sites for construction and installation oversight
- Review submittals and shop drawings and coordinate with the A/E and contractors
- Four (4)+ years of experience related to facility structural design and construction with an emphasis on field experience of verification of the structure implemented per the design set
- Experience with structural engineering systems design to include deep and shallow foundations, use of steel, concrete, masonry, and wood materials to support the Architectural and Engineering firm performing the design
- Experience with structural engineering gravity loads and laterals forces such as wind, seismic, and blast
- Experience performing structural system studies, calculations, and evaluations, and with technical reports documenting findings
- On-site construction experience (2+ years)
- Experience with Microsoft Office software; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- AutoCAD experience
- Requires international travel/deployment for 3 – 6 months at a time every two to three years
- Knowledge of applicable structural codes and regulations to include the International Building Code, AISC 360, ACI 318, ACI 530, NDS, Unified Facilities Criteria, Unified Facility Guide Specification ,etc.
- Military contract knowledge
- Proficient with MS Project
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Applied Physics or equivalent discipline (STEM).
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
George Washington School of Business (FLDP & CLDP)
Time: 12:30 pm ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: F. David Fowler Career Center (GWSB) Duques Hall 2201 G. Street, NW Washington, District of Columbia 20037 Type: Campus Career Fair
New Mexico State U - Next Day Campus Screens - Fall 2018
Time: 8:00 am MT - 3:00 pm MT Address: NMSU Careeer Services 3024 Locust Garcia Annex 224 Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 Type: Campus Screens
UT Arlington Info Session - Fall 2018
Time: 5:00 pm CT - 6:30 pm CT Address: Nedderman Hall Room 100 416 S. Yates St. Arlington, Texas 76010 Type: Information Session
WPI Fall 2018 Career Fair
Time: 12:00 pm ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Sports & Recreation Center 100 Institute Road Worcester, Massachusetts 01609 Type: Campus Career Fair
UT Austin CNS Career Fair - Fall 2018
Time: 1:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Frank Erwin Special Events Center 1701 Red River 78712 Austin, Texas 78712 Type: Campus Career Fair
Military Vetworking Virtual Fair
Time: 1:00 pm ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: , Type: Professional Career FairRegister