Systems EngineerApply Requisition ID 129043BR Date updated 12/06/2018
Req ID: 129043BR
Summary of Role
Raytheon Anschütz develops, supplies and services a broad range of navigational products up to tailored integrated navigation system solutions for mega yachts, commercial ships, naval surface ships and submarines, including solutions for command and control, perimeter protection and customer-specific equipment.
Raytheon Anschütz is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to be based at the Portsmouth site, reporting into the UK General Manager. Whilst the Job Title is Systems Engineer, the role is wide ranging due to the early stage in development of the infrastructure and limited resource.
- Maintain knowledge of existing products and systems to a high level able to set to work, commission, diagnose, maintain and repair Navigation Systems.
- Produce technical documentation including interface documents, requirements documents, SoW, technical descriptions, verification and validation, test documents.
- Project Engineering: Where necessary support RAN programme managers on UK programmes with engineering support.
- Service Engineering: Where necessary perform installation, setting to work, commissioning, service, maintenance and repair tasks, sometimes at short notice.
- Provide telephone and e-mail technical support to customers and service partners.
- Responsible for customer data contained within databases and filing systems.
- Manage records of and repair, or arrange for the repair of customer returned items in a timely manner and ensure that customer goods are well looked after and that the customer is kept informed.
- Document all service activities as detailed in quality procedures, including Helpdesk calls, Site Reports, Defect Reports, Delivery Notes and Job Cards.
- Carry out operator and maintenance training when required.
- Maintain Offshore Survival and medical certificates.
- Line management for service engineers.
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge and systems engineering experience of marine electronics systems including radar systems, Electronic chart systems, Navigation aids and steering control systems.
- Experience in building, configuring and fault diagnosis of PC based systems and networking required.
- Must be prepared to work on offshore oil installations or go to sea on commercial or military vessels for short periods and to travel within the UK and abroad at short notice.
- Must have a driving licence and passport.
- Will be required to pass an Offshore Medical and Survival Course.
- Current holder of or eligibility to obtain MoD SC level clearance.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Portsmouth
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Veteran ONLY Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: Veterans Northeast Outreach Center 10 REED Street HAVERHILL, Massachusetts Type: Professional Career Fair
SVA - Career Fair - Annual Conference 2019
Time: 7:30 am CT - 9:00 pm CT Address: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830 Type: Diversity Conference Career FairsRegister
GEOINT Community Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Waterford at Fair Oaks 12025 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy Fairfax, Virginia 22033 Type: Professional Career Fair
Fort Hood SFL-TAP Mega Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood on Fort Hood 5764 24th Street Fort Hood, Texas Type: Professional Career Fair
Georgia Tech- Engineering Tech Talk (Spring 2019)
Time: 6:00 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: Georgia Tech Student Center 350 Ferst Drive NW Crescent Room, 2nd Floor Atlanta , Georgia 30332 Type: Information Session
Georgia Tech Institute - ECE Career Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 10:00 am ET - 4:00 pm ET Address: Christopher Klaus Advanced Computing Building 266 Ferst Drive Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0765 Type: Campus Career Fair