Supply Chain Subcontract Manager
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Woburn, Massachusetts
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
In this role you’re an integral member of the Seapower Capability Systems Supply Chain Team responsible for developing, documenting, executing, and managing subcontract agreements with domestic and foreign suppliers and overall supplier performance in support of the business. You’ll be responsible for leading a subcontracts team and key suppliers within this market and you’re the driver in setting a strategy for the sourcing, negotiation, award and management of key subcontractors and executing the strategy. You’ll also provide the formal communications and contractual direction required through the life of said subcontracts and you’ll be the focal point for supplier relationship management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supplier selection, agreement, and supplier management
- Performing cost and price analysis, developing negotiation strategies, and leading negotiations
- Leading the negotiation of Subcontract agreements with foreign and domestic suppliers
- Strategic supplier relationship management and subcontract management
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable legal requirements, Raytheon Company policies procedures, import/export regulations, standard procedures, work instructions, and FAR/DFAR
- Meeting Raytheon Subcontract Management certification achievement as required
Domestic and foreign travel as may be required.
- 10+ years of experience in Procurement, Subcontracts, Contracts, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Project Management, Program Management, Supply Chain or Supplier Management
- Experience with Supply Chain processes and functions
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience working in cross-functional teams or experience with project / program management
- Thorough knowledge and experience with US Government regulations and Public Laws as they pertain to procurement
- Experience in performing cost analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong team player, proven problem solver
- Program management experience
- Background in risk and opportunity management
- Experience in Statement of Work development
- Experience with Manufacturing and use of continuous improvement tools such as lean and Six Sigma
- In depth working knowledge of FAR and DFAR
- Ability to work independently.
- An existing Confidential or Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to develop and execute project plans
- Master’s degree in Business
This job is posted internally as: Manager III Subcontract Management
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
MA - Woburn
RI - Portsmouth
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Marketing Data Analyst – Communications Tewksbury
- International Talent Acquisition Manager Tewksbury
- Section Manager - Power & Electronic Systems Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Sr Electrical Engineer II - Digital Sub-systems Design and Development Tewksbury
- Sr Principal Electrical Engr - Analog / Power Systems Marlborough, Tewksbury
- Electrical Engineer II - Analog/Power Woburn