Principal Subcontract Specialist
Portsmouth, Rhode Island, San Diego, California, Tewksbury, Massachusetts
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing Subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including cost, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Managing and reporting subcontract performance to the Integrated Supply Chain Cross Business Team and Program/Integrated Product Team.
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal to support proposal and program requirements; reviewing and leading subcontract proposal evaluations.
- Participating in development and selection for a Best Value Source Selection
- Performing cost and price analysis, developing negotiation strategies, and leading negotiations.
- Ensuring subcontract compliance with public law and Raytheon Company policy and procedures; understanding and applying Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR, and import/export requirements, as appropriate.
- Maintaining required subcontract records
- Evaluating and insuring compliance with Technical Assistance Agreements and Manufacturing License Agreements.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6+ years’ experience in any of the following: Engineering, Finance, Operations. Law, Subcontracts, Contracts, Supply Chain, Procurement or Supplier Management
- Experience with contract or subcontract negotiations
- Experience with supply chain processes and functions
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience in the government, aerospace, and/or defense industries, including international procurement
- Experience with multiple subcontract types – FFP, CP type contracts, etc.
- Experience with development programs
- Experience with import/export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- In-depth working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR)
- Terms and conditions negotiations experience
- Analytical skills for performing price/cost analysis and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including demonstrated presentation skills
- Experience in desktop computing tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Experience working with ERP system (i.e. SAP/PRISM)
- Ability to work independently
- Possess good organizational capabilities and be detail oriented
- Demonstration of negotiation skills and supplier resolution
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple suppliers, and comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Six Sigma Certification
- NCMA Certification
This job is posted internally as: Principal Subcontract Specialist
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
CA - San Diego
MA - Tewksbury
RI - Portsmouth
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Manager Program Contracts Tewksbury
- Sr Electrical Engineer I - Test Development Engineer Tewksbury
- Principal Electrical Engr ( Test Development, Digital, Analog, RF) Tewksbury
- Principal Electrical Engr- Seapower DSP Portsmouth
- Senior Electrical Engineer - Seapower and Electronic Systems Portsmouth
- Sr Electrical Engineer II - Digital Test/FPGA Tewksbury