Manager ContractsApply Requisition ID 127486BR Date updated 12/03/2018
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has a position within the Raytheon IDS Seapower Capability Systems (SCS) Business Area with primary responsibilities supporting the Total Ship Integrated Systems Business Area with concentration of the Zumwalt DDG 1000 MSE Program and future Domestic and DCS ship pursuits (Saudi Fast Patrol, MUSV and US Navy FFG(X)). This position will be located at the Raytheon facility in Portsmouth, RI.
Duties will include being the Contracts Lead for the DDG 1000 MSE Program as well as participation in front-end assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, supervision over one direct and significant customer activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment of contract requirements in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Candidate must be able to readily adapt in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The Contract Professional supporting this key business area is responsible for management of the customer relationship, the provision of business counsel and leadership to the Program Management Teams, together with expedited proposal, negotiation and/or definitization of contracts that are critical to IDS and SCS Programs.
- 8+ years of applicable business-related work experience.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARs, ITAR and/or related regulations.
- Experience with applying legal aspects of Government and commercial acquisition to the contract management function.
- Experience developing solutions to unusual and complex contracting issues.
- Experience establishing pre-negotiation objectives and negotiation skills to realize objectives.
- Proven negotiation skills to define strategies and lead negotiations.
- Experience reconciling RFP, Program requirements, proposal submittals and resultant contract.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience researching compliance issues, applicable regulations and laws, and formulate recommendations to management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial business principles and understanding of applicability to contracts and business.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to recognize risk elements in business transactions.
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working within team environment with customers and peers.
- Experience with different contractual vehicles.
- Cross-functional experience in Finance, Integrated Supply Chain, Business Development, or Program Management
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors Degree. Preferred majors: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Contract Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Law, Finance
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
- Follow Raytheon on YouTube
- Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
- Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
RI - Portsmouth
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Transform military experiences into private sector enterprises
As an organization, we have a tremendous level of respect for military service. Our customers are the men and women defending our nation, and a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves, National Guard or are military veterans themselves. Learn More
Forget Silicon Valley
Defense companies are technology companies – but with missions bigger than creating the next hot gadget for the holidays. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Cal Poly SLO 2019 Winter Career Fair
Time: 9:30 am PT - 2:30 pm PT Address: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 1 Grand Avenue Building 43 San Luis Obispo, California 93407 Type: Campus Career Fair
Cal Poly SLO 2019 SWE Evening with Industry
Time: 5:30 pm PT - 9:00 pm PT Address: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 1 Grand Avenue Building 43 San Luis Obispo, California 93407 Type: Campus Career Fair
Texas A&M Spring 2019 SEC Engineering Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am CT - 2:00 pm CT Address: Reed Arena 730 Olsen Boulevard MS 1128 College Station, Texas 77843 Type: Campus Career Fair
MacDill Quarterly Career Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 2:00 pm ET Address: MacDill AFB Conference Center MacDill AFB, Florida Type: Professional Career Fair
George Washington Univ Career & Internship Fair (Spring 2019)
Time: 11:00 am ET - 3:00 pm ET Address: Charles E. Smith Center 600 22nd Street, NW Washington, District of Columbia 20052 Type: Campus Career Fair
George Washington U. Engineering Information Session - Spring 2019
Time: 5:30 pm ET - 7:00 pm ET Address: George Washington University Marvin Center, MC 526 800 21st Street NW Washington, District of Columbia 20052 Type: Information Session