Engineering Control Account Manager
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you’re an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior
The Seapower Whole Life Engineering & Support Department has an opening for a Control Account Manager (CAM).
As a Control Account Manager your primary responsibility is to manage program scope, schedule and technical execution throughout its lifecycle. You’ll work closely with engineering task leads, the program management team, finance, scheduling and functional organizations to ensure financial metrics are tracked and reported.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparing, revising, updating and monitoring appropriate materials to ensure compliance with Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System, Earned Value Management System, corporate and business policies and procedures.
- Supporting the program start-up process by assisting in the creation of initial program artifacts (team structure, program baseline, lesson learned, Contract Work Breakdown Structure)
- Identifying and implementing key program metrics and lead development of situational awareness charts that can be used as management tools by program leadership teams to drive program success
- Monthly coordination and creation of material to support the Program Management Review package while leveraging material from the Integrated Product Team status reviews
- Support rolling waves and generation of quarterly Estimate At Completions (EACs)
Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is an Engineering organization whose main objective is to influence hardware, software and systems throughout their life cycle to assure effective operation, maintenance, reliability and economical ownership by the customer and end users. WLED is comprised of multi-disciplined Engineers responsible for all phases of the program from inception to system end of life. Engineering disciplines include PICC, Risk & Opportunity, Reliability, System Safety, Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Logistics Engineering, Part Risk and Obsolescence Management, Technical Manuals and Training.
This position can be a G08 or G09 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 4+ years of related program, finance or engineering experience
- Experience with project management or related management experience
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Experience with program management tools and processes in one or more of the following areas: EVMS, Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Risk and Opportunity (R&O) or similar business processes
- Demonstrated strong communications skills
- Solid understanding of application and execution of Raytheon's IPDS or similar business processes
- Demonstrated comprehensive planning skills for both short-term requirements and long- term opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business
- Experience supporting programs and executing CAM or R&O in a DoD environment.
- Program Management Excellence (PMX) Certification
- Advanced degree or professional certification(s)
- Experience with subcontract Management and IOTs
BS/BA in Engineering, Mathematics, Science (STEM), Business, or a Liberal Arts Degree. 8+ years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA (each two years of related experience can substitute for one year of College)
This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineering Logistics Specialist I / Sr. Engineering Logistics Specialist II
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
RI - Portsmouth
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Luke is a Global Business Services IT Intern on the Integrated Logistics Support Finance team. He’s working on redesigning a dashboard that Raytheon financial analysts use to track the metrics, progress, and critical components that are used for all products manufactured in Andover, Massachusetts.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Senior Software Engineer - Integrated Sensor and Systems Software - C++ or Java Portsmouth
- 2020 Finance Summer Intern Andover, Marlborough, Tewksbury, Woburn, Portsmouth
- Software Engineer II Portsmouth
- Sr Configuration Analyst Portsmouth
- IT Systems Administrator I, Portsmouth RI Portsmouth
- Senior IT System Administrator - Windows/Linux Portsmouth