Business Growth Lead - Whole Life EngineeringApply Requisition ID 142715BR Date updated 06/18/2019
The Seapower Whole Life Engineering & Support (SWLES) Department is seeking a Business Growth Lead to support Seapower Capability Systems (SCS) pursuit opportunities. The ideal candidate must have a basic understanding of Raytheon’s proposal process; and Integrated Product Support elements (formerly Integrated Logistic Support (ILS)), and how they impact design not only during development, but also throughout the operational life cycle of the system.
This position offers an opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal skills to demonstrate their leadership ability, team building and technical skills. This person will work closely with Engineering, Program Management, and Business Development to help support, and lead the SWLES’ proposal capture process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with SWLES Proposal Lead
- Coordinate with Engineering Proposal Lead
- Coordinate with Technical Proposal Lead
- SWLES proposal lead on a SCS capture efforts
- Brief SWLES and WLED Leadership Teams
- Participate in Engineering level approval meetings
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) development
This position requires a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 6 + years of experience related to the responsibilities listed above.
- Experience in technical and cost proposal development or related experience.
- Active Secret Clearance
- US Citizenship is required.
- Basic understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) concepts (e.g., CPI, SPI, EAC, TCPI, etc.) or similar tool/system
- Demonstrated strong communication and organizational skills
- Possess technical writing skills to generate weekly status reports to Program Management Organization.
- Ability to multitask and to change priorities when required
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) certification
- Capture Management Excellence (CMX) Certification
- Program Management Excellence (PMX) Certification
- BOE Development Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access, developing and updating macros
- Able to communicate with peers, superiors and customers in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and collaboration
- Regulations and compliance experience on an international program (e.g. EX/IM, ITAR)
- Ability to work on multiple projects involving resources from multiple sources
- Understanding of the12 elements of Integrated Product Support (formerly Integrated Logistics Support)
BS/BA in Engineering, Logistics, Computer Science, Business or a related major. 8 years of relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142715
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
RI - Portsmouth
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Portsmouth, An Ideal Place to Call Home
Our location in Portsmouth offers a broad range of roles – all of which provide ample opportunity to pioneer new technology. Portsmouth has strong history and an exciting future. See what this city has to offer.Learn More
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Networking Reception
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 6:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
ClearedJobs.net CyberTexas Job Fair - UTSA Downtown
Time: 11:00 am CT - 3:00 pm CT Address: UTSA Downtown 501 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd. Durango Building San Antonio, Texas 78207 Type: Professional Career Fair
Hire Our Heroes Fort Hood Career Summit - Career Fair
Time: 2:00 pm CT - 5:00 pm CT Address: Club Hood 28218 Wainwright Dr. Fort Hood, Texas 76544 Type: Professional Career Fair
8th Annual Regional Job Fair
Time: 10:00 am ET - 1:00 pm ET Address: Lowell Memorial Auditorium 50 E Merrimack Street Lowell, MA , 01852 Type: Professional Career Fair
DICE Career Fair - Dallas TX
Time: 4:00 pm CT - 7:00 pm CT Address: Ruthe Jackson Center 3113 S Carrier Pkwy Grand Prairie, Texas 75052 Type: Professional Career Fair
Raytheon IIS Career Fair - DOMino
Time: 10:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Raytheon 22210 Pacific Blvd Dulles, Virginia 20166 Type: Professional Career FairRegister