Contracts to Cash Finance Intern (Summer 2020)
Powerful Careers – Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Challenge Status Quo
- Communication Skills
- Eager to Learn
- Emotional Intelligence
- Leadership Traits
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
It’s fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There’s a lot of potential in the company, and I’ve experienced it firsthand.– Alfonso Lopez, Engineer
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
Student Loan Repayment Contribution
Through the 401(k), called the Raytheon Savings and Investment Plan, the company will make a dollar for dollar contribution for amounts employees spend repaying their student loans, up to their maximum match percentage.
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
The responsibilities include assisting with the following, but not limited to:
- Customer (e.g. Army, Air Force, Navy) contract terms and how they impact setup, shipments to the Warfighter, and customer invoicing
- Understanding end-to-end CTC processes of various types of government, commercial, and foreign contracts
- Analysis of invoicing/cash receipts in SAP and reconciliation of any variance with customer system (MOCAS)
- Communicate across CTC functions and Program Offices to resolve variances such as: unpaid items, cash on account, short pays, contractual and shipment discrepancies
- Understand contractual terms in relation to invoicing / cash application and the impact to financial reporting (SAP and BW)
- Learn FAR, DFAR, and CAS regulations that are applicable to government financing
- Perform account reconciliations and process correcting entries
Required Skills and Education:
- Candidate must be in/entering their Junior or Senior (60+ credit hours) year in a Bachelor’s degree program or actively enrolled in a Master's degree program with an emphasis in finance, accounting or business related field. Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript.
- Experience in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA
- Previous internship or co-op experience in a related field
- Experience with current financial software tools and understanding of related applications.
- Experience with pivot tables, formulas and macros
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.