What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Responsibilities also include:
• Participate in a rotating On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support.
• VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments.
• Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
• Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
• Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
• Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
• Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
• Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required.
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
• Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• A current Top Secret Clearance with SSBI within the last five years and must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management.
• Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
• Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Contribute to completion of project milestones under the specific guidance or program leadership
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
• Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments
• Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of VMware to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite
• Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN
• Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
• Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure VMware services and applications
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Required Education / Experience:
• Six (6) or more years of Systems Administration/Engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree OR Master's degree with 4 years of related experience.
• Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 133981
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
FL - Pensacola
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).