What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Clearance Level: Must be a US Citizen with a current/active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access
- Experience in Linux system administration and/or Windows server 2008, 2012 & 2016; supporting production systems and core utility services in an enterprise environment including Red Hat Enterprise 6-7 Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Virtualization, system and configuration management, and orchestration tools (i.e., Satellite Puppet, Ansible by Red Hat).
- Certification(s): Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) OR Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification & RHEL 6; 7 / Windows server 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Demonstrated experience participating in projects and coordinating the efforts of associates in a globally distributed team
- Positive approach toward customers; ability to cooperate and communicate well within a geographically distributed team
- Full Chain Certificates & Java Key Store/Trust Stores: should have the knowledge of how certificates work both self-signed & full chain. They also need to know how to create and maintain Java key / trust stores.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to write custom functions tests, create executive level reports with results, and brief leadership.
- Experience with RedSeal
- Know how to use Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing scripts and automating tasks with shell and scripting languages like Bash, Perl, PowerShell & Python.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with the following commercial technologies: ArcSight, Nagios, Sourcefire, EADB | Aginaty, E-Mail/MEG, PGP, Tableau, Red Hat IDM, Logstash, Kafka Connect, Open Nebula, Free IPA, Who is, Ambaris Hadoop/Spark, Ansible, Docker, Open Shift, WSUS, Tenable Security Scanner & Security Center, RedSeal
Required Education and Experience:
- Four (4) or more years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Technology Focus: RHEL 6; 7 / Windows server 2008, 2012 & 2016 / Tenable Nessus security center & Scanners.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 132607
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
FL - Pensacola
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).