Electronic Warfare OperatorApply Requisition ID 147401BR Date updated 09/06/2019
- Fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Based in Nowra, NSW
We are currently seeking a talented Electronic Warfare Operator to fill a key role in an exciting new Defence program based in the Shoalhaven region in NSW. This new specialist air crewman role will act as Mission Commander and airborne electronic warfare operator during training, test and trial sorties, and will be responsible for planning, briefing, conducting and debriefing of these missions.
- Liaise with customer representatives, end users and other stakeholders to determine tasking outcomes sought and specific mission requirements.
- Prepare mission content, conduct and participate in aircrew pre-mission briefings, execute the mission airborne, conduct and participate in post-mission debriefings.
- Assist with planning and preparation for domestic and international non-operational deployed exercises.
- Conduct and participate in continuous improvement activities such as electronic warfare technique development, aircrew and electronic warfare operator proficiency activities and the flying safety program.
- Liaise with mission system maintenance staff to identify equipment serviceability issues and support troubleshooting activities.
- Degree qualification in Science or Aviation, or equivalent experience (minimum 8 years).
- Experience in an Australian Defence Force special mission aircrew role or similar; participation in exercises at Mission Commander level will be highly regarded.
- Understanding of the electromagnetic environment, electromagnetic spectrum and electronic warfare from first principles.
- Understanding of airborne electronic warfare tactics, training and testing needs from basic skills through to large force employment exercises.
- Deep knowledge of Defence operational environment, airborne electronic warfare and the use of special mission systems.
Negative Vetting 1
Flight & Aircraft
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.