Sr. Software Engineer - Machine ReasoningApply Requisition ID 134427BR Date updated 02/22/2019
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research and engineering that solves important problems in a collaborative environment. BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers and offers performance-based bonus incentives and retirement contributions.
Located in Middletown, RI (Newport, RI), our Information Exploitation group is seeking talented software engineers and scientists interested in designing, prototyping, developing, and deploying advanced systems and algorithms using Data Science and Analytics, Semantic Web Technologies, and Machine Reasoning and Machine Learning to solve challenging DoD and IC problems. BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers, excellent performance-based bonus incentives, and generous retirement contributions. Our ideal candidate will have experience in machine reasoning, semantic web technologies, data analytics, or artificial intelligence technologies and will have strong Java development experience.
Our applied software research work uses cutting edge technologies to build both prototype and real operational systems. You will solve challenging problems including:
• Researching and publishing novel machine reasoning and learning algorithms and solutions to complex, open-ended intelligence problems.
• Developing and analyzing complex data models and ontologies;
• Designing algorithms to reason about causal networks in noisy, incomplete, multi-modal data;
• Creating interactive systems for organizing real-world data into competing explanations mixing deterministic and probabilistic reasoning and spatio-temporal analysis;
• Designing analytics algorithms for co-reference/entity resolution, complex event processing, similarity-based search, and others;
• Optimizing software for knowledge representation, storage, and query systems for high performance.
• Developing REST-ful analytic and management services as part of large-scale web applications
Required Education and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 4 years of experience; or MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 2 years of experience; or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Proficiency in Java and the Java-based development ecosystem
• U.S. citizenship is required
Desired Skills and Education:
• 2-3 years of related research experience in one of the technical areas mentioned above
• New PhD graduates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Experience with logic programming (XSB Prolog or Flora-2) or other rule-based systems for knowledge representation and reasoning
• Research or development experience with probabilistic reasoning, data representation, or machine learning
• Research or development experience with Big Data, Semantic Graphs, or Graph Databases
• Experience gathering requirements and implementing large software systems with minimal guidance
• Working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Semantic Web technologies (RDF/OWL/SPARQL)
• Experience with Web application development
• An active US Government security clearance is highly desired
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Research & Development
Type Of Job
RI - Middletown
RI - Newport
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply
Work on interesting projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.
- View all events
UMass Amherst Information Session
Time: 5:30 pm ET - 6:30 pm ET Address: Conference Center One Campus Center Way University of Massachusetts Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 Type: Information Session
NBVC Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am PT - 2:00 pm PT Address: Naval Base Ventura County 1000 23rd Avenue Port Hueneme, California 93043 Type: Professional Open House
CSULB FLDP Fall 2019 Job & Internship Fair
Time: 12:00 pm PT - 4:00 pm PT Address: California State University - Long Beach - University Student Union 1212 Bellflower Boulevard Long Beach, California 90815 Type: Campus Career Fair
Expo ExpertsThe DC CyberWeek CyberSecurity Career Fair
Time: 9:00 am ET - 6:00 pm ET Address: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC 901 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington, District of Columbia 20001 Type: Professional Career Fair
CSUF STEM Internship & Career Expo Fall 2019
Time: 3:00 pm PT - 6:00 pm PT Address: Titan Student Union 800 N. State College Blvd. Fullerton, California 92831 Type: Campus Career Fair
DMAFB Capstone (Aviation Emphasis)
Time: 8:00 am PT - 12:00 pm PT Address: DMAFB S. Craycroft rd Tucson, Arizona 85708 Type: Professional Career Fair