Tanium Support Specialist
Morrisville, North Carolina
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon is seeking a motivated and out-going individual for a Tanium Support Specialist within its CISO Cybersecurity Engineering team to work jointly with systems support personnel, CISO and IT teams and integrated technologies.
This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
Job Responsibilities & Required Skills:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving the overall security posture for the customer
- Documenting processes / procedures, automation, and reporting to institutionalize end-point threat detection and response.
- Reduction in time to identify and resolve vulnerabilities within the client’s Computing Environment.
- The individual would be experienced in managing and troubleshooting Client-Server software in a large enterprise.
- Experience with Tanium, SCCM, or similar enterprise product.
- Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
- Experience securing Large Enterprise Networks and providing recommendations for network segmentation/secure enclaves
- Experience with WAN/LAN network configuration, protocols, and bandwidth restrictions
- Experience with PowerShell and/or VBScript.
- Ability to troubleshoot workstations and server (Windows 7 and 10 severs 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Ability to independently install, test, and implement complex component-level changes within the technology infrastructure.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and provide customer support for a wide variety of complex technology components.
- Ability to analyze and develop innovative resolutions for complex problems involving availability and/or performance at the component level.
- Works independently with vendors to resolve problems and, implements solutions.
- Candidate must have 4+ years of relevant technology and infrastructure experience.
- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.
Other Desired Skills:
- Experience with Flexera/B|DNA, Tenable, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
- Experience with ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Symantec
- Project planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite of applications
Required Experience and Education:
- Extensive experience (4+ years) in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, in an information technology discipline or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or IT work experience.
Desired Certifications (one or more desired):
CISSP, C|EH, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CISM, CCNA, CCNP, PMP
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Type Of Job
NC - Morrisville
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).