Splunk Content Developer / Cyber Engineer
Morrisville, North Carolina
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
This contingent position is being considered & hired for all non-management levels (G08/G09) based upon selected candidate’s applicable experience
Raytheon is looking to hire an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network.
An experienced Splunk Content Developer / Engineer is needed to support the customer team in Morrisville, N.C.
The Splunk Content Developer is responsible for tuning and configuration of Splunk for Enterprise Security (ES) services, develop use cases with CISO end users to build content and assist in developing advanced security use cases.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Configure incident response and remediation workflows for ES
- Develop and Implement Actionable Alerts and Workflow for Splunk as a CISO Monitoring tool
- Develop and Implement Apps & Knowledge Objects (KO) like Dashboard, Reports, Data Models
- Work with the Splunk Architect/Admin to promote private KO to Global KO
- Assist and/or train CISO Splunk Engineering team on Data Lifecycle Support
- Assist and/or train CISO Engineering team and analysts on Content Development
- Develop and implement automation and efficiencies with Splunk and CISO workflow
- Provide Analyst training and workshops on using Splunk
- Review new content, alerts and data sources with CISO Analysts.
- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- 4+ years of relevant work experience for an G08
- 6+ years of relevant work experience for an G09
- 8+ years of relevant work experience for an G10
B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or a MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or a PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Public Trust Current
Type Of Job
NC - Morrisville
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson is regional vice president of RAYVETS, Raytheon's employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).